Experienced Tax Accountant HI & CA
Hawaii Accounting Honolulu, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Experience: 1-3 Years of Tax Preparation
Functions: Tax Preparation
Reports To: Senior Tax Manager
Location: Honolulu, HI
FLSA Status: Exempt
Join an award winning CPA firm! Hawaii Accounting ranked No. 2 ‘Best Small Firm to Work For’ in the nation by ACCOUNTING TODAY. Click here for more information.
Hawaii Accounting LLC (HiAccounting) is teaming up with our sister company, California Accounting & Tax, Inc. (CaAccounting), to add a tax professional to serve our Hawaii and California customers. HiAccounting and CaAccounting are affiliates of The Hawaii Group, Hawaii’s leading business process outsourcing firm.
Our team of accounting and tax professionals work together on multiple clients in various industries. We strongly believe in working personally and directly with our clients, connecting through our core principles of integrity, transparency, and dedicated client service.
HiAccounting has one location in Honolulu. CaAccounting has locations in Citrus Heights, Folsom, Lafayette and Lakeport. POSITION SUMMARY
HiAccounting is seeking an Experienced Tax Accountant to join its tax division. The Experienced Tax Accountant is primarily responsible for the preparation of business and individual tax returns and reconciliations to support the tax return preparation for both our Hawaii and California offices. The Experienced Tax Accountant should be self-driven, passionate and client service focused.
The Experienced Tax Accountant reports to the Tax Manager and will work closely with Tax Seniors on various functions – both out of our Hawaii and California offices.
- Prepare various Federal and State tax returns including but not limited to individual, trust, estate, nonprofit, partnership, and corporate tax returns. Prepares work papers to support tax return preparation.
- Assist when needed with other tax services including planning, research and compliance.
- Communicate with client personnel to request information necessary for the preparation of tax returns, to update clients on the status of their project and for general customer service reasons.
- Assist with administrative and bookkeeping duties including but not limited to: mailing tax returns as needed, updating databases, entering transactions for clients and review financials
- Commits to continuing education of new and changing tax laws and policies and demonstrates the skills to ask questions and research when answers are not known.
- Prepares and files general excise tax returns and other reports to regulatory agencies as needed.
- Assist with bookkeeping, accounting and payroll as needed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and frequently communicate status with senior/manager.
- Understands general business including business law, formation and entity types.
- Practices integrity and professional judgment, including asking questions when needed.
- Self-driven and takes initiative to research questions.
- Embraces technology and quickly adapts to technological changes.
- Understands assigned client’s business and industry and works closely with management to have a full understanding of client’s service needs.
- Develops relationships with client and takes part in client events.
- Delivers best-in-class client service with an emphasis on being proactive, responsive, professional, and accurate.
- Deadline driven and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
- Tracks and records time accurately.
- Actively contributes to the overall positive culture of the company.
- Embraces team based approach to client service.
- Encourages collaboration, open communication and problem solving in a team.
- Participates and engages in training. Seeks continuing education opportunities.
- Participates in company efforts to building a strong community presence with charitable activities.
- Seeks mentoring and coaching opportunities.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with the company’s established policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The ideal Experienced Tax Accountant is familiar with accounting and financial operations in a fast-paced, for-profit environment. This person will meet most or all of the following requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
Experience: One (1) to three (3) years of tax preparation experience in public accounting is preferred. Also, work experience in a professional environment, which demonstrates progressive increase in responsibilities or any combination of education and work experience is preferred. Prior experience will be useful in providing the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the minimum qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position.
Licenses: Have obtained, or have the desire to obtain a CPA or EA license.
Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Ultra Tax, Lacerte, Drake, or other professional tax software, and knowledge of QuickBooks, AccPac, Intacct or other accounting/bookkeeping software would be helpful.
Other Requirements: Perform other duties as required. Availability to work additional hours or weekends, as projects demand.
Location: This position is located out of our Honolulu office. This position involves remotely serving clients out of our California office with opportunities to also work with our Hawaii customers. The applicant must be able to work remotely and adjust to California’s time zone accordingly. Also, be available for regular video conferencing and meetings (i.e. Zoom) with clients and other team members. This position requires that the applicant live in Oahu. If you are an applicant currently not living in Oahu, please specify in your cover letter your relocation timing and efforts.
WORKING AT HIACCOUNTING
Encouraging an active, Hawaii lifestyle by supporting our employees’ interests, efforts, and activities, HiGroup is proud to be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii for nine (9) years in a row!
Since its inception, the HiGroup team has enjoyed exceptional benefit packages. Alongside traditional options, such as full medical, dental, vision, drug, disability, life insurance, 401K, flexible spending, supplemental benefits, and profit sharing, as well as a generous PTO and holiday leave program, HiGroup also proudly offers its employees even more generous support at work, at home, and in the community. Offering paid time off for employees to volunteer as well as investing in learning and development opportunities company-wide, HiGroup enthusiastically encourages their team members’ desires to be good citizens on and off the job.
We encourage career development by providing a buddy and mentoring system, regular performance evaluations and reimbursements for continuing education for the CPA or other professional certifications. We are family oriented and provide a flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely.
· Daily employer provided lunch under the HiGroup Daily Grinds Program. · Gym/fitness reimbursements. · Cell phone reimbursement (for EE’s that use their phone for work). · Parking or buss pass subsidy. · Regular in-office massage therapy. · Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely when needed. · Support of CPA and continuing education. · 12 paid holidays (includes your birthday off). · Paid time off for volunteering. · Employee snacks and drinks. · Career advancement. · 401K, 4% matching and profit sharing (after eligibility requirements are met). · Health benefits (after eligibility requirements are met). · Life Insurance.