- Posted: over a month ago
Havtech is searching for a Controller to join the Accounting and Finance team. Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and in coordination with the Principals, the Controller develops and administers policies and procedures for accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and internal control for business units within the Havtech group. The Controller maintains the company's financial records, evaluates company operations in terms of costs, economic trends, controls, and profitability, and prepares analyses for managerial and administrative functions.
In addition, the Controller will partner with General Management, senior leadership, human resources (HR), and information technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Create an environment of controls to ensure the safeguarding of company assets, including, but not limited to cash, inventory, fixed assets, and investments
- Understand the relationship of computer and process-driven systems, ensuring controls are in place.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership informed of the financial condition of business units.
- Assist company leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Ensure timely processing of customer billing, an active collection of open accounts, recording and paying vendor debts
- Work with executive and sales staff to determine credit worthiness of potential and current customers.
- Monitor cash and manage payables to enhance cash flow and vendor relationships
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and generate depreciation entries
- Lead the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers and balance sheet accounts on a timely basis
- Analyze expense accounts, reconciliation of bank accounts, subsidiary ledgers, and other balance sheet accounts
- Perform or supervise the completion and review of sub-ledgers, including A/R, A/P, inventory, received but not invoiced goods
- Supervise the completion and review of supporting schedules to support balance sheet: prepaid and accrued expenses
- Perform analysis/review for reasonableness and accuracy to provide information to the Executive Team consisting of backlog, bookings, commissions, open purchase orders, and key performance indicators specific to the industry
- Prepare all supporting documents and requests for the completion of tax returns and owner distributions as required by an external CPA firm.
- Prepare reports and analysis not limited to vendor activity for contract negotiation, salary, and benefit analysis as part of the annual budget and forecasting, and inventory analysis, such as turnover, lead time, and profit margins for planning and contract negotiation.
- Continually strive to improve business processes by reviewing computer systems to evaluate current and potential functionality.
- Work with insurance broker/agent to determine acceptable coverage in all areas of insurance, not limited to property and casualty, umbrella, officer, etc.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications, creating, and promoting a positive and supportive work environment with associates of all levels in the company.
- Coordinate all audit activity with banking and financial consultants
- Prepare monthly sales tax returns.
- Stay current on laws and regulations regarding NEXUS requirements in localities currently conducting business.
- File and comply with all Union reporting requirements
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions
- Work with outside attorneys and consultants as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with 10+ years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to executive teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a master's degree in accounting or MBA in finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in the leadership of people
- Experience with various financial/accounting and CRM software preferred (specifically Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience creating queries using SQL and SQL Reporting Services Reports
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to take direction in a matrix leadership organization and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Must be able to develop and execute business and strategic plans
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the President or Human Resources will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Havtech LLC