- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking Bid Coordinator responsible for supporting Sales Engineers and relevant Sales Team with entering, tracking, monitoring and managing bid activity through shared bid email inbox, and conducting appropriate research and market analysis to identify potential lead opportunities and support successful bid process.
This position is an ideal fit for a talented candidate with a strong attention to detail that thrives in a past-faced environment and is interested in growing their knowledge of the HVAC industry.
This position could also be a fit for a candidate looking to learn the technical side of HVAC as a junior estimating resource.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Enters all bid and proposal data and tracks status of all activity.
- Supports preparation of Sales, Estimating and Management reports detailing bids submitted, pending, awarded, lost, trending and analysis.
- Communicates with customers, subcontractors & supplier’s customers, sales engineers and other stakeholders regarding bid related questions.
- Provides information to client companies in the bid process and serves as the point of contact for related calls.
- Attends all relevant job meetings, pre-bid meetings and Sales meetings and collects feedback/updates on the status of all opportunities.
- Schedules & coordinates related projects as needed.
- Maintains accurate and thorough paper and electronic files.
- Uses computer skills to facilitate improvement of systems/processe.
- Stays current with industry updates related to position responsibilities.
- Coordinates with sales engineers, estimating and customers to ensure the bid list is continuously accurate and obtain relevant documents, including plans and specifications.
- Assists estimating with proposal creation and ensures proposals are delivered to sales engineers and customer within the time frame required.
- Assists sales related team and sales engineers with lead generation by monitoring publications, internet sites and McGraw Hill Construction database and communicating potential opportunities.
- Responsible for reporting in support of opportunity management.
- Researches various sources for opportunities to influence/sell HVAC equipment.
- Maintains database and/or CRM so that opportunities are always updated and accurate.
- Performs various administrative functions including email, faxing, printing, technical writing and general office duties.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and up to 2 years of administrative experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience related to HVAC or service related industry preferred.
- Must have Windows/Microsoft Office product knowledge.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks to meet competing deadlines.
- Strong team-player attitude and outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and take direction from multiple individuals; exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be persistent while maintaining positive working relationships with others.
- Familiarity with database reporting and CRM a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Human resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the president or human resources will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
BusinessView all jobs at Havtech LLC