A few Facts about a Havertys Associate:
•$58,600 was the average annual income in the market during the past year (2017).
•Unlimited earning potential, with our top producers making more than $100,000 per year.
•If you enjoy connecting with other people, we can teach you our system to become a successful Havertys Sales Associate!
APPLY NOW and begin our hiring process.
Are you interested in a retail sales position that you can turn into a fun and rewarding career with a great company? Join our team at Haverty Furniture Companies! A trusted name and iconic brand in the furniture business, we continue to guarantee the same excellent quality, prices, and customer service that we were founded upon over 130 years ago. Due to our continued tremendous annual growth, we are seeking top candidates to fill open positions as Retail Sales Consultants.
Whether you are experienced in the furniture business, looking to make a career change or just beginning your career, we are committed to your success with us. Our paid training program will teach you everything you need to know about how we serve our customers and our product line, along with providing the support of our entire team as you help customers create their warm and inviting dream home.
Our stores attract a large volume of foot traffic that includes many loyal repeat customers. The opportunities are there for you! We offer a generous commission structure with a guaranteed income feature that allows you the potential to earn $40,000 to $100,000 a year, with some of our top consultants making over six figures! Our unique guaranteed income component provides base earnings, giving you peace of mind. If this sounds like the kind of position you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
Retail Sales Consultant (Furniture Sales)
As a Retail Sales Consultant, you will provide our customers with consultative design assistance as you discover their needs and help them to create a warm and inviting home. In addition, you will partner with other members of your team to create an engaging customer experience. You will also be responsible for consistently meeting established sales goals.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Providing design advice to customers in order to help build the sale and increase your average ticket
• Entering client information (including email addresses and/or phone numbers) into our state of the art customer relationship management (CRM) system, and conducting prompt and professional follow-up
• Explaining special financing plans, delivery procedures, warranties, etc.
• Reinforcing customer selections and helping them complete their rooms
• Following up with customers on a timely basis after delivery
• Coordinating delivery between customer and distribution/delivery system
• Maintaining knowledge of a broad range of furniture styles and products
Retail Sales Consultant (Furniture Sales)
As a Retail Sales Consultant you must be highly driven and self-motivated to achieve individually while being a supportive team member as you contribute to overall store success and customer satisfaction. You must also be highly organized and able to maintain a responsive follow-up schedule. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to connect and establish relationships with a diverse group of customers.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• College education preferred, High School / GED or equivalent required; or 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Positive and engaging personality
• Creative flare and energetic attitude
• Ability to overcome customer objections
• Familiarity with a broad range of furniture styles and products preferred, but not required
• Computer proficiency including email experience required; knowledge and use of MS Office software preferred; Tablet/iPad operation abilities strongly preferred
• Relevant experience, preferred but not required
If you have integrity, concern for others, are dependable, like to achieve, and enjoy building people centered relationships while being rewarded, then Havertys is the right Fit for you!
As a Retail Sales Consultant with Haverty Furniture Companies, you will be part of an established and stable organization that is as committed to our employees as we are to our customers. We are proud to maintain a family-owned feel no matter how large we grow. We provide not only excellent earning potential and benefits, but you will also find a great work-life balance with us, as you will typically work a 40 hour week. We also employ cutting-edge technology for purchase completion and delivery linked to your iPad to ensure that you are able to provide your customers with the most efficient and reliable service possible.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
• Unlimited earning potential
• Ability to earn $40,000-$100,000 or more per year
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• 401(k) w/ company match
• Sick time
• Comprehensive paid training
• Potential for a rewarding long-term career
Earn a great living, and build a lifelong career!