As a Retail Furniture Sales Consultant, you will provide our customers with consultative design assistance as you discover their needs and help them to create a warm and inviting home. In addition, you will partner with other members of your team to create an engaging customer experience. You will also be responsible for consistently meeting established sales goals.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Reinforcing customer selections and helping them complete their rooms
- Entering client information (including email addresses and/or phone numbers) into our state of the art customer relationship management (CRM) system, and conducting prompt and professional follow-up before and after the sales.
- Explaining special financing plans, delivery procedures, warranties, etc.
- Coordinating delivery between customer and distribution/delivery system
- Maintaining knowledge of a broad range of furniture styles and products
As a Retail Furniture Sales Consultant you must be highly driven and self-motivated to achieve individually while being a supportive team member as you contribute to overall store success and customer satisfaction. You must also be highly organized and able to maintain a responsive follow-up schedule. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to connect and establish relationships with a diverse group of customers.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- College education preferred, High School / GED or equivalent required; or 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Positive and engaging personality
- Creative flare and energetic attitude
- Ability to overcome customer objections
- Familiarity with a broad range of furniture styles and products preferred, but not required
- Computer proficiency including email experience required; knowledge and use of MS Office software preferred; Tablet/iPad operation abilities strongly preferred
- Relevant experience, preferred but not required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.