Havertys Furniture is hiring a Part Time Office Associate to work at our beautiful new location at 5909 Bluebonnett Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70836.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Balances cash fund every morning and evening
- Prepares bank deposits and daily closing summary
- Closes the daily A/R accurately and before the cut-off time
- Maintains an organized and secure office environment
- Answers incoming calls, distributes calls, takes messages, and checks store’s voicemail
- Completes opening/closing procedure checklists
- Reviews the Delivery Inquiry to verify all sales are in a confirmed status for the next 8 delivery days. Informs customers of arriving Customer Pick Ups (CPU).
- Processes customer sales and account transactions.
- Handles customer complaints, opens store notes, and follows up on existing customer service tickets
- Works the Expected Deliveries to ensure sales are completed and schedules deliveries as needed. Enters necessary customer comments in notepad.
- Reviews and follows up on pending sale statuses, i.e., requested cancellations and pending layaway sales, etc.
- Files (PC Office) or prepares (Branch Office) daily paperwork, i.e. CPUs, CRTs, Credit Applications, End of the Day Reports, etc.
- Collects and secures original Credit Applications, sends original documents to Havertys Credit Services on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Communicates with Havertys Credit Services for account requests and follow-up.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years experience actively working with the public in a customer service position, preferably in retail. One to three years of monetary or cash handling experience highly preferred, i.e., Banking, Customer Service, Data Entry, Office Administration, Medical Records, etc. Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
General computer skills required with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Strong math skills
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Ability to multi-task
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. #zr