Haverhill Bank Haverhill, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, 401k,
The Underwriter Residential is responsible for credit decisions on incoming applicants consistent with internal and insurer policies, underwriting mortgage commitments, and verifying supporting documentation as submitted by Mortgage Loan Officers. Independently interprets underwriting guidelines and keeps necessary parties informed relative to changes and updates. Responds to inquiries to provide guidance and clarification. Reviews and underwrites loan applications to include: Conforming, Non-Conforming, Investor loans, and portfolio loans in accordance with guidelines and compliance standards. Reporting to the Senior Underwriter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrites individual mortgage products within company, investor and industry guidelines.
- Mitigates Bank risk by conducting a thorough and prudent review of each loan file.
- Reviews financial statements, income documents, tax transcripts, credit report and applicable ratios (i.e. DTI and LTV) to make an accurate and valid underwriting recommendation.
- Determine borrower’s credit worthiness and ability to repay loan as agreed for terms requested.
- Ensures loan related documents are consistent and uphold to company, investor and industry guidelines.
- Evaluates and examines transactions to judge accuracy and completeness. Investigates loan requests using fraud detection techniques.
- Executing an appraisal analysis to determine that acceptable collateral standards are met, while completing the necessary research to determine federal, state and company compliance.
- Accurately underwrite loans and review conditions received based upon the criteria required for the submitted product type, while meeting established productivity and turnaround time goals.
- Clear all conditions of loan and prepare file for closing department.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s loan products and procedures.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with Loan Officers and Processors.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies as stated in Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent degree/certification in business or related field.
- Three to Five years of current underwriting experience.
- Background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal); Knowledge of HMDA, RESPA, TIL, Fair Lending, CRA, ECOA, Reg O and all Lending related Regulations required.
- Working knowledge of residential loan operations, systems familiarity with Encompass preferred and documentation.
- Must be detail oriented, computer literate; possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact within all levels of the Bank.
- Must be a team player. Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person and small group situations with customers, vendors, and employees of the organization.
Haverhill Bank is a full service community bank with a wide range of financial products and services. Loan products include both residential and commercial mortgages and lines of credit, as well as personal and business loans.
180 Merrimack StreetHaverhill, MA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Haverhill Bank