The primary objective of the Property Manager is to own and oversee all functions that involve the daily management of each home within their portfolio. Customer service is the first and foremost important objective. The Property Manager will be responsible for all aspects of meeting or exceeding budgeted operations which will include a strong focus on leasing, collections, maintenance and compliance.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times with residents and prospective residents.
- Able to operate with the attitude of owning a specified number of houses within an assigned areas to drive marketing, leasing, collections, maintenance, all compliance and resident satisfaction.
- Works closely with either external or internal leasing in order to drive leasing numbers for a specific portfolio.
- Coordinates tenant move-in and move-outs, including documenting all changes within various HavenBrook systems and tracking reports. Schedules and works with Renovation Techs for move-outs to determine security deposit disposition.
- Conducts New Home Orientations (NHO’s) with residents in their new homes.
- Follows up with each new resident upon occupancy to ensure the resident is situated well and has an understanding of the rent payment processes, is oriented with the homes appliances, HVAC, etc., explanation of the procedure to submit a maintenance request, and who their property management team’s contacts are.
- Follows up with each resident to ensure all work orders are closed out with issues resolved. Also ensures the invoices from vendors are correct and submitted for payment. Works closely with our third party call center, maintenance techs and outsourced vendors to ensure all work orders are scheduled, assigned, completed tracked in our systems and follow-up is handled.
- Codes all bills relating to each home.
- Works with resident non-payment of rent, understanding of the eviction process and procedure, and Housing Authority inspections/issues.
- Enters property information and new lease information into the Yardi system.
- Manages the resident ledgers; rent and/or security deposits upon receipt, in cases where the payment is not made on line; review the AHC payments to each ledger to ensure applied correctly.
- Responsible for posting and depositing resident payments.
- Runs reports, such as aged inventory, vacancy, renewal/non-renewal, etc. weekly.
- Handles all administrative tasks that relate to the management of the portfolio.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of Fair Housing and landlord/tenant laws Ability to learn and understand local Housing Authority processes and procedures, as well as gain a strong understanding of code violations and/or HOA violations.
- Ability to conduct local market research by shopping competition, including multi-family options.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team. Must work well with others and utilize good communication skills. Should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent team-building skills and able to meet new people easily. Strong desire to serve and take care of residents.
- When necessary, ability to be assertive and decisive in dealing with residents in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day direction.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle stress, stay calm and operate in a flexible environment.
- Must have intermediate technology skills with various software such as Excel, Word, etc. Trainable if not familiar with Yardi accounting systems.
- Strong work ethic with a collaborative attitude.
- Ability to maintain strict confidence with all sensitive and confidential information and protect HavenBrook Homes proprietary knowledge and information. At all times behave ethically.
Physical demands, for the most part, are considered to be that of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion. The position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interaction with others in meetings and/or via phone. Position does require the ability to walk properties and houses, including climbing stairs and being exposed to warm, cold and wet variations in weather. The position requires prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to handle stress and deadlines.
High school diploma or GED required. Undergrad degree or some college preferred. Three to five years of experience working in property management (multi or single family) desired. Yardi experience a strong plus. Real Estate license is required within 90 days of hire. Housing Authority experience a plus.
HavenBrook Homes is an equal opportunity employer.