Plant Operations Maintenance Supervisor
Haven Behavioral Healthcare Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Haven Behavioral Healthcare is dedicated to partnering with individuals, families and communities to improve the lives of patients through the delivery of exceptional, specialty behavioral health services in communities across the country.
Our hospitals are committed to the highest standards of quality, safety and performance. We don’t just treat the symptoms of mental illness or addiction; our care focuses on the whole person.
and continuously-functioning physical plant. This position has overall responsibilities for all maintenance, directing biomedical services,
physical safety and security, industrial hygiene, and assigned building management services. Responsible for creating and maintain a
- Perform, or develop preventative maintenance on all utility, electrical, plumbing, emergency and fire systems as applicable.
- Repair equipment, furnishings, drywall, ceiling, flooring, painting, plumbing components, electrical components, windows and doors as needed.
- Conduct specified inspections/servicing as required to comply with all Life Safety Code.
- Responsible or understanding of financial management of plant operations capital expenses and operational cost, including purchased services, repairs and improvements.
- Conform to corporate requirements for bidding process, vendor choice, multiple bids. Understand the CER process and assist in development when requested.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Federal, State and Local Fire Safety, OSHA, Environment of Care, Building Code and Regulations, Joint commission and DOH Life Safety standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements and share with staff to ensure their understanding of and adherence to these requirements.
- Implement policies, procedures and protocols as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide reports as assigned by the Director of Q/R or CEO.
- Oversee plant operations documentation to ensure it meets hospital policy and regulatory standards.
- Participate in providing departmental orientation that is specific to the functions of the department and the job responsibilities of the staff member.
- Participate in providing general orientation to the Plant Operations Department including work orders, security systems, fire alarms, disaster code understanding and response and any other orientation as requested by the CEO or Director of Performance Improvement and Risk Management
- Manage monthly work orders and report on-going progress and status to the CEO and/or Director of PI/Risk.
- Develop a proactive and productive relationship with building management or landlord.
Some Call Required.