Group Therapy Coordinator/ Activity Coordinator - inpatient
Haven Behavioral Healthcare Albuquerque, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
Make a difference in the lives of others.
Here at Haven Behavioral Hospital Albuquerque, everyone on our team has a role to play in our mission to partner with communities and families to improve the lives of clients through the delivery of high quality specialty behavioral health services.
Haven Behavioral Health is seeking an experienced activities therapist to oversee our activities department in this role; the coordinator would design, implement and facilitate a variety of therapeutic programming for our inpatient population, ensuring our patients are offered a variety of daily therapeutic and recreational actives
Haven Behavioral Hospital of Albuquerque is a 48-bed licensed, acute care behavioral hospital that provides a safe, nurturing environment for the treatment of complex mental health issues. We offer innovative, customized treatment in both inpatient and outpatient programs, for individuals struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues. We believe that a person’s illness or addiction does not define them and, with help, there is hope for long-term recovery.
Our success is a reflection of the excellence and dedication of our employees at every level of our facility. The culture of our hospital is built on a foundation of service. Through our comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs, we are here for our clients on every step of their journey to healing. Our compassionate, expert treatment is designed to help our patients move past their illness and take back control of their life
- A family-like environment where the focus is on patient outcomes.
- Dedicated, passionate leaders, who are hands-on and accessible. Our CEO is a RN!
- A strong company culture - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, focus 100% on optimizing patient outcomes and emphasize our core values: excellence, passion, respect and stewardship.
Smaller department size allows you the opportunity to have a greater impact
- Establish a therapeutic activities program in accordance with clinical guidelines and modalities recognized and accepted by the behavioral field
- Maintain current knowledge of expressive therapy methods and techniques
- Modify program using patient and staff feedback and research date to improve program quality and effectiveness
- Prepare and implement an activities therapy schedule.
- Coordinate recognition and observance of holidays or special events with appropriate decorations, theme appropriate groups, activities and snacks for patients and families.
- Work Collaboratively with all treatment team members to create a treatment environment that supports the hospital's mission to provide exemplary patient care and customer service.
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in Art, Music, Therapeutic Recreation, Occupational Therapy, or related discipline. Master's Degree preferred.
Experience Three (3) years clinical experience in a psychiatric setting, with at least one (1) years’ experience applying activity therapy methods and techniques.