Apartment Maintenance Technician
· Participate in all maintenance projects.
· Electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, etc. Install indoor and outdoor light fixtures.
· Perform plumbing work such as clearing stoppages, replace/repair fittings, faucets, toilets. Complete minor repiping including the soldering of copper pipes.
· Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks.
· Carpentry work, such as repairing/replacing doors, windows, closet by-fold or sliding doors and building shelves.
· Repair concrete steps, stoops, patios, roofs, fencing, and signage when required.
· Paint and decorate apartments, hallways, etc., as directed by management.
· Repair air conditions, heating units and refrigeration units.
· Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, inventories.
· Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operation manuals, including boilers, hot water heaters, lawn equipment and other vehicles.
· Inspect all units, buildings, and common areas, performing repairs.
· Participate in the on-call rotation and carry your pager as required.
Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance. (Possess the necessary skills to successfully troubleshoot and repair a variety of mechanical components.)
Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
High school or G.E.D. equivalent.
Good oral and written skills.
Good customer service skills.
Some positions may require refrigerant certification and/or boiler license or the ability to obtain those certifications/license.
What are we looking for?
Continued leadership, growth and development is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
What will it be like to work for VPG
At VPG, we’re a results driven team — and having fun while doing it! We’re proud of our collaborative, open company culture, and we’re always looking for new ways to brighten up the work day for our tight-knit team. In addition, we offer a competitive hourly rate and flexible scheduling.
To learn more about VPG Enterprise visit our website at: