Candidate will possess knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining equipment and tools, clean work site and personal safety as well as the safety of team members.
- Must be punctual towards arriving at the construction site early enough to commence work.
- Duties may include the loading and unloading of construction equipment and material.
- Duties will include general housekeeping of project sites.
- Will work very closely with skilled craftsman to set up forms where concrete is poured.
- Engage all forms of hard labor that is necessary for the completion of the construction project.
- May be be responsible to install various commercial, and industrial systems that are needed.
- Expected to use, clean, and maintain the different tools used on the construction site.
- Expected to handle the hoists, and other equipment used to lift construction materials.
- Work at heights and in confined spaces as well.
- Perform awkward and repetitive manual tasks.
- Duties may include light administration and assistance to Project Superintendent.
· Collaboration Skills
· Communication Proficiency
· Organizational and Problem-Solving Skills
· Time management – ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
· Interpretation of Construction Drawings
· Ethical Conduct
Field/Jobsite Environment – Standing, sitting, climbing, crawling, standing, crouching, bending, pushing/pulling, walking on uneven surfaces, and exposure to loud noises are to be expected on a jobsite environment. This position is predominately outdoors at an Industrial Construction Site. Exposure to extreme hot or cold outside temperatures is possible.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time, hourly position. Days and hours of work vary from each jobsite. Occasional evening/weekend work or travel may be required as job duties demand.