Industries: Financial Services, Private Equity, M&A, Investment Banking
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level: Entry Level
Harvey & Company LLC is a leading buy-side M&A firm that develops and executes acquisition and new issuance strategies with private equity funds, hedge funds, corporations, and proven Fortune 500 CEOs. With 60 full-time professionals on staff and more than 350 closed transactions, Harvey & Company is one of the largest buy-side advisors in the M&A community. For more information, visit our website at www.harveyllc.com.
Harvey & Company is searching for Research Analysts who are looking to get started in their professional career by joining an established firm to build research and general business skills that will serve them well in any business career. In this role, Research Analysts will support their team through the research of industries and companies to spearhead acquisition strategies. More specifically, Research Analysts will participate in obtaining specific criteria from clients (i.e. products, end-markets, revenue size, etc.) and identify companies that match these criteria, utilizing the internet, online databases (ex. Capital IQ, Hoovers, etc), industry association company lists, and our own proprietary database. Responsibilities will also include tracking research progress and statistics to generate progress reports for clients. The position may also include participating in the design and preparation of marketing materials for target companies & clients and preparation of deal collateral materials.
Research Analysts will eventually be expected to train/manage interns and other research-oriented resources for their teams. Previous finance experience is not necessary as all research is qualitative in nature.
- Introduction to the dynamics of the mergers & acquisitions industry
- Exposure to a broad range of industries and company types (e.g. manufacturing, business services, distribution, energy, aerospace, retail, consumer packaged goods, healthcare, pharmaceutical)
- Build general business skills – research, teamwork, management
- Company-wide employee social events
- Energetic and passionate office environment
- The hourly starting wage for a Research Analyst is $17/hour plus an end-of-year bonus of up to $5,000.
- Full benefits including a 401(k) plan, health insurance, and paid time off are available after a standard waiting period
- Candidates must have earned a BA/BS degree from a four-year college. All majors are encouraged to apply.
- Ideal candidates will be intelligent, entrepreneurial, professional, diligent, and eager to learn.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), proven work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail, reliability, responsibility, and pride in workmanship are necessities.
- Finance experience is helpful but not required; responsibilities are not quantitative in nature.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://harveyllc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a277v1e6c4pw
For a quicker response: Please also email a cover letter to email@example.com
At this time Harvey & Company will not offer relocation assistance.