M&A Summer Research Internship
Season: Summer 2020
Industries: Investment Banking, Financial Services, Private Equity, M&A
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level: Currently enrolled as a student at a 4-year college
Career Level: Student (Undergraduate/Graduate)
Compensation: $13.00 per hour
Harvey & Company LLC is a leading buy-side M&A firm that develops and executes acquisition and new issuance strategies with private equity funds, hedge funds, corporations, and proven Fortune 500 CEOs. With over 60 experienced professionals on staff and 300 closed transactions, Harvey & Company is one of the largest buy-side advisors in the investment banking community. For more information, visit our website at www.harveyllc.com.
Research Interns support small deal teams in deal generation efforts. Responsibilities include identifying, researching, and profiling potential acquisition candidates and/or Fortune 500 CEOs for our blue chip list of private equity group, corporate, and hedge fund clients. This important work is the initial step in a process that leads to change of control and minority investments on the equity side, and distressed acquisitions and new issuances on the debt side. Using qualitative research methods, Research Interns utilize on-line databases (ex. Capital IQ, Hoovers, etc), the internet, industry association company lists, and our own proprietary database to identify privately held businesses for acquisition strategies. Research Interns are expected to make outbound calls to verify information when appropriate. No exposure to financial modeling as this is a qualitative research position.
- Introduction to the dynamics of the mergers & acquisitions industry.
- Exposure to a broad range of industries and company types (i.e. manufacturing, business services, distribution, and retail).
- An ideal entry point into our firm if interested in a full-time position after graduation.
- An excellent resume builder for those interested in a career in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, and other areas of business.
- Research focused internship: develop qualitative research skills and build an understanding of attractive private equity target company characteristics.
- Company-Wide social events and learning seminars throughout the summer.
We seek candidates that are currently enrolled as students at a 4-year college. Ideal candidates will be intelligent, hardworking, professional, entrepreneurial, and eager to learn about private equity, corporate buyouts, and related fields of finance. Strong communication skills, proven work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail, reliability, responsibility, and pride in workmanship are necessities. ALL MAJORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY: finance experience is not required. We require a 12 week commitment for the summer.