Industries: Private Equity, Financial Services, Mergers and Acquisitions
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Position Type: Exempt
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: 5+ years applicable experience
Compensation: DOE + Annual bonus
Who We Are
Harvey & Company LLC is a leading buy-side M&A firm that develops and executes acquisition and investment strategies with private equity funds, hedge funds, corporations, and Fortune 500 CEOs. With over 60 experienced professionals on staff and 350 closed transactions, Harvey & Company is one of the largest buy-side advisors in the investment banking community. For more information, visit our website at www.harveyllc.com.
Harvey & Company, LLC is looking for an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller to work alongside our VP of Finance & Admin to perform and/or manage all aspects of AR, AP, Payroll, G/L, Taxes, financial and operational reporting, and general office administration.
- Finance or accounting degree from a four-year university.
- 5-8+ years of progressive accounting roles and prior Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller experience.
- Hardworking, organized, and detail-oriented; someone who will take initiative and pride in their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience scaling operations and accounting functions in a growing business.
- Expertise of QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Audit and/or tax experience is a plus.
- CPA is a plus.
- Manage one billings and collections associate.
- Review weekly retainer billings. Effectively manage all retainer starts and stops.
- Report retainer client data to Director group.
- Monitor and maintain accurate AR aging.
- Perform some treasury duties such as making deposits, applying cash, and reconciling cash accounts.
- Process payroll on a semi-monthly basis. Convert payroll to bi-weekly.
- Collaborate with benefits administration team to ensure proper payroll deductions.
- Oversee the annual renewal and audit processes of corporate insurance plans.
- Create and follow policies and procedures that ensure strong internal controls and accurate data.
- Process AP invoices. Communicate and reconcile with vendors about billing discrepancies.
- Maintain good standing with local and state tax authorities.
- Create, maintain, and distribute operational and financial reports.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance after our standard 60 day waiting period.
- After 12 months you will be eligible for our 401(k) plan.
- Ten days of PTO in your first year and 15 days every year thereafter.