Harvest Technical Services is seeking a Laboratory Technician for our Greater Bay Area utility client.
**The schedule is 4 days per week, 8 hours per day.**
Under general supervision, performs physical, chemical, biological and bacteriological analyses of water, wastewater, industrial waste, and related materials.
Performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Performs routine physical, chemical, biological, and microbiological analysis of water, wastewater, industrial waste, and related materials.
- Recognizes problems which occur in an analytical procedure; applies known procedures or confers with others to find solutions.
- Prepares samples for transport, storage, and laboratory testing.
- Prepares standard chemical solutions, reagents, stains, and bacteriological media; keeps laboratory facilities in a clean and orderly condition.
- Cleans and prepares glassware for sample collection; sterilizes bacteriological supplies; prepares sample kits for distribution.
- Compiles and records data onto worksheets; enters reviewed data and results of analyses into the laboratory information management system.
- Observes standard safety precautions related to the work; maintains proper quality assurance techniques in performing analytical work.
- Maintains proper QA/QC records and documentation.
- Assists laboratory technicians or chemists on specific analytical projects.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Laboratory terminology, equipment and procedures.
- Arithmetic, including proportions, percentages and decimals, and college algebra.
- Follow oral, written and graphic instructions.
- Learn to perform routine laboratory work.
- Learn to set up, adjust, clean, and perform minor maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Work with or without minimal available supervision.
Education and Experience:
Completion of the twelfth grade, or its equivalent.
- Laboratory environment.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, infectious disease, and inclement weather conditions.
- Duties may require maintaining a physical condition necessary for standing and walking for periods of time.
- Moderate to heavy lifting.