Harvest Preparatory School, founded in 1986 by Dr. Rodney Parsley, is a college-preparatory, private-Christian day school serving over 600 students annually on its 58-acre campus on the Southeast-side of Columbus, in Canal Winchester, Ohio. Harvest Preparatory School is an educational division of World Harvest Church whose mission is to educate the entire student – spirit, soul, and body. Harvest Preparatory School faculty and staff are licensed through the Ohio Department of Education and are professed Christians. Our goal is to ensure that every student is provided with the highest standards of academia in order to reach their highest potential.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to teach High School Social Studies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in history or a closely related field
- Minimum of three years of teaching experience at the middle or high school level
- Passion for teaching middle school students; possess the ability to differentiate instruction to reach all students
- Enthusiasm for the study of social studies and maintain knowledge of Ohio Academic Content Standards
- Christian, with a positive sense of humor, self-confidence, and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to serve as a class adviser, an extracurricular club/organization adviser and/or coach an interscholastic sport
- Possess a valid state teaching license
- Successfully pass a BCI/FBI background check
- Assume a share of supervisory responsibilities expected of all upper school faculty members
- Collaborate with grade-level and departmental colleagues on curriculum design and development
- Required to integrate technology into lesson plans in compliance with the expectation outlined by school administration
- Provide periodic updates to parents about student progress, via both written reports and in-person conferences
- Create a positive and safe learning environment for all students and hold students accountable for conduct
- Possess interpersonal skills and administrative skills; be a problem solver and be able to think outside the box
- Work with others in the school community to support each student’s emotional well-being
- Continue personal professional development as a licensed educator; glean from experience and ideas of peer teachers
- Attend all school staff meetings and professional development sessions; attend all World Harvest Church staff meetings
Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral conduct and mission, vision, and values of both Harvest Preparatory School and World Harvest Church.
The school offers a private school academic environment, competitive teacher wage scale, and a comprehensive benefits plan including health, vision, life and disability insurance.
Harvest Preparatory School is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, national origin, disability or any other characteristic as required by state and federal laws and as applicable to churches. Harvest Preparatory School does discriminate on the basis of religion.