Join our Family. We'll insure yours! Be home every night!
We, at Harvest Food Distributors, are looking for qualified candidates for a CDL Class A Driver opportunity at our San Diego, CA branch location.
About the Company:
The Harvest Family of Companies is a nationwide food distributor with more than 6,000 retail and food service partners. On March 2017, we merged with Sherwood Foods in Detroit, Michigan to form the now largest independent food distributorship in the USA.
CDL Class A Truck Driver (***$5,000 Bonus***)
Responsible for driving a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
The Delivery Driver will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart/pallet jack, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Harvest policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling/un-coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow Harvest preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets jacks, and personal protective equipment.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Assist colleagues as needed.
- Attend staff scheduled staff meetings.
- When On-Call must be available by phone and at the branch within the hour.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently lift, push or move product that weighs from 1 up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving through a shift.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicles cab many times a day (cab floor level 36 to 66 inches above ground level).
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand card.
- Constantly bend, twist, climbing, squatting crouching and balancing while loading and unload product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks in all weather conditions
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Harvest Family of Companies is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
START YOUR JOURNEY WITH US, BY APPLYING TO:
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.