Our Farm Technicians are key members of our team ensuring the highest quality product for our customers. Bayer Crop Science is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work as a member of the Farm Operations Team in Woodland, CA. The individual will assist in all facets of the Agronomy program to support sustainable seed production, research and land stewardship. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in all operations related to the agronomic management of crops, including planting, field preparation, irrigation/fertigation and crop protection. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented staff and contribute to the overall success of the site through timely and efficient delivery of high-quality seed.
• Assist with all aspects of the team including but not limited to: planting, field preparation, irrigation/fertigation, scouting, crop protection and farm conservation practices.
• May operate and maintain vehicles and agricultural equipment such as tractors, sprayers and farm implements that are required for the job.
• Help troubleshoot problems and perform basic mechanical and preventative maintenance on field equipment.
• Document accurate records of all agronomic activities associated to each field and farm using farm management software.
• Follow and support all site safety rules and regulations, including performing safety inspections, tailgate safety meetings and trainings to ensure a safe working environment.
• Assist in any other projects and perform other duties as required.
• Associates Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Ability to work without direct supervision in a diverse team environment.
• Proficient operation of computers and mobile devices (i.e., MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Ability to balance and prioritize tasks during peak seasons, along with working extended hours as needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to lift 50 lbs. and work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
• Valid CA driver’s license.
• Strong foresight, planning, prioritization and organization skills.
• Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices as well as farm equipment operation and repair.
• Experience with subsurface drip irrigation systems.
• Experience with pesticide applications on crops.
• Valid CA Applicators License, QAL or QAC (or ability to obtain).
• Experience with GIS and other advanced agronomic technologies.
• Demonstrated record of process improvement and innovation.
• English/Spanish (Bilingual a plus, but not necessary).