Entry Research Associate - 2nd shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Duration: 6 months
Schedule: (2nd Shift 12pm-8pm)
This position is in the Trait Genomics Genotyping (Taqman) lab. The candidate will be working collaboratively with a large production team of FTEs and contractors to deliver daily and weekly genotyping targets under tight deadlines. Responsibilities include a variety of manual and automated tasks in the setup laboratories.
- Demonstrate reliability: This is a business-critical position to keep our lab running 7 days a week across multiple shifts. The candidate must be a reliable presence on this shift. Position may require flexible or off shift hours during peak times.
- High Throughput/production/sample management: Our lab processes 2+ million samples per year with fast turn-around times. Any experience handling a large number of samples daily (lab, etc.), or in a fast-paced environment (retail, food service, etc.) is a plus. Experience with LIMS is a plus.
- Automation/mechanical aptitude: The candidate must be comfortable running and troubleshooting automation independently with little guidance on this shift.
- Other responsibilities include activities related to shipping & receiving, supply inventory management, lab stocking/cleaning, and collaboration on process improvements and experiments.
- 0-2 years minimum experience
- Biologists with engineering/technical/mechanical aptitudes are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Looking for Soft Skills, like Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Intermediate skills in Office Applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; Advanced/Proficient skills in Excel.
- Must have skills: Attention to detail, strong work ethic, sense of urgency, excellent communication skills, good organizational skills, ability to make decisions independently. Candidates with experience in fast-paced settings (even non-lab related, i.e., restaurants/ retail/ shipping) are usually high performers on our team.
- Associate degree: Bachelor’s degree in biology/molecular biology/biochemistry or similar is preferred
- Must be able to pass drug screen & criminal background check
- Shift Hours: Research Associate - Taqman Lab (2nd Shift 12pm-8pm) - One open role for the following sub team/shifts: PCR Setup lab: Monday – Friday 12pm – 8pm
Get fresh Entry Research Associate - 2nd shift jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.