Entry Laboratory Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $21 Hourly
Location: Ankeny, IA
Duration: 3 Months
Schedule: This position is on 1st Shift in the Seed Chipping Lab.
A leading biological and agricultural company is looking to hire a skilled Lab Technician to join our team. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to gain valuable experience working in a world class R&D team in biological and agricultural sciences.
- Performs laboratory technical tasks.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of automated laboratory equipment.
- Will be required to offer asssistance in the operation of the equipment and the gathering of data.
- Assists with receipt and inspection of raw materials, ordering and stocking.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- 1-3 Years of Experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel worksheets
- Highly organized approach to sample tracking/processing
- Excellent analytical skills
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a scientific or engineering field preferred
- Works under immediate supervision
- Typically reports to a supervisor
- Work Hours:
- Monday to Friday
- 8:00AM - 5:00PM
HarveStaffWhy Work Here?
We have the ability to supply contingent labor on a majority of continents around the world.
HarveStaff is a woman owned, HUB Certified, business founded in 2016 to support a new opportunity in the agricultural market. We supply the entire gambit from administrative positions to field workers, general laborer, utility laborer, maintenance technicians, lab technicians and seed technicians.