Position: Customer Service Representative
Location: Oxnard, CA 93030
Duration: 8 Months (Possible with Extension)
Responsible for providing the highest quality of friendly customer service and understanding each customer's request so their needs are satisfied in the most effective manner. Responsible for receiving and processing all customer orders in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. May require efficiencies in Microsoft Word and Excel. In addition, should be adaptable to custom order software. Usually requires 2-5 years of experience.
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience working with SAP Preferred
• Self-motivated to take personal responsibility for outcomes that impact our customers, business results and each other
• Process-oriented, understands complex business processes
• Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships
• Advanced problem solving skills; analyzes problems and develops mutually beneficial solutions
• Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• High degree of results orientation
• Comfortable working both independently and in teams
Main Purpose of the Job
Order processing, and information flow related to customer requests. Role execution requires order accuracy, timely delivery, and partnership with internal stakeholders on the development of improvement processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (5-7 bullet points)
• Order Management & Operational Execution: Deliver timely and accurate order entry; manage account inquiries on order status, billing/statements, and program details, providing consistent status updates on orders; and document and manage deliveries to specified time standards.
• Relationships & Networks: Establishing a positive rapport, taking responsibility for promptly resolving issues, and responding to and advocating for customer needs. Leverage internal relationships coordinate cross-functional resources to solve problems and deliver solutions to accounts.
• Business Acumen: Maintain strong working knowledge of Monsanto supply chain objectives, Seed business processes, and Dealer Programs to reinforce program deadlines and ensure maximization of potential to earnings. Possess basic understanding of customer types, account structures and key contacts, both internal and external.
• Negotiations & Conflict Management: Promptly communicate and escalate customer issues/concerns to applicable functional group to facilitate resolution and establish a win/win situation. Utilize active listening and verbal communication skills to create a positive and collaborative environment conducive to problem resolution.
• Product Knowledge – Exhibits knowledge of Monsanto seed products, seed sizes, package sizes, and zones/maturities. Can differentiate between brands within product families, and make recommendations to customers in the event of shortages.
• Other duties as assigned