LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse Full-Time ON-GOING WEEKEND HRLY/BONUS $$
Harvard Partners Health Pico Rivera, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Harvard Partners Health is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to join our Los Angeles division! Come and join a growing team of professionals that support the healthcare industry with several facilities throughout Los Angeles County. You will work alongside amazing LVN's to provide high-quality patient care.
LVN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal LVN will be experienced in providing diverse basic care to those who need it while remaining patient and calm. It is a demanding job but also extremely rewarding.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for designated patients
- Provides Nursing Care to all patients of all ages
- Identifies self as nurse responsible patient care to patients, family, and physicians
- Provides nursing care for all patients within the scope of LVN practice
- Gathers data relevant to the patient’s individual needs and age group
- Elicits important information concerning the patient’s progress
- Gathers data regarding patient needs while providing direct patient care
- Documents nursing observations according to facility charting standards
- For the benefit of the patient, the nurse, and the physician to visit the patient together
- Administers medications and treatments per facility policy
- Reports symptoms, reactions, and progress of patient to the clinical supervisor and/or charge nurse and appropriate action has been taken
- Pursues proper chain of command to attain a satisfactory solution
- Initiates changes to improve patient care; discusses changes with the doctor when appropriate
- Provides IV Therapy according to nursing policy and procedure that is within LVN scope of practice
- Assists the RN inpatient and family education
- Responsible for knowledge of legal aspects of nursing
- Maintains a current CPR (BLS) card
- Must be currently registered with California Board of Vocational Nursing and be certified to start IV’s and administer medications
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous experience as an LVN
- Present a professional demeanor
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must maintain a calm and reasonable attitude during crisis and conflict
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment
- Respond appropriately to routine and emergency situations
- Set and revise priorities based on changes in the situation
- Reliable, you are prompt and value good work ethics while performing all job duties
- Team player, you understand that you are going to work in environments that will demand quick acclimation to new stations and new patients. You understand that you represent Harvard Partners Health and your performance reflects on the credibility of the company and your coworkers.
- Responsible, you are capable of self-management and exercise excellence in performance, communication, attitude, and attendance. You understand that this is part of your job.
If this sounds like a team you would like to be a part of, please submit a resume and fill out the online application. A Clinical Recruiter will contact you within 48 hours.
Harvard Partners HealthWhy Work Here?
Competitive wages, Bonuses offered, Flexibles Schedules, Travel opportunities, Friendly work relationship and environments.
AddressPico Rivera, CA