The Harvard Companies are some of the largest and fastest-growing, privately owned providers of high quality janitorial and protection services in the United States. Harvard Maintenance is an industry leader and well known for our innovative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit. Our success over the last fifty years stems from Harvard's Inverted Pyramid®, which recognizes that our front-line employees are the most important people in our organization. The Inverted Pyramid® ensures that our 10,000+ employees feel valued, are given the tools to be successful, and are empowered to execute in their roles. People are also at the center of our Core Values. Our People First core value clearly states that “we are a family organization that promotes respect and embraces diversity”.
Our pursuit of continuous improvement and Operational Excellence is supported by our corporate structure. As a member of the Project Management Office, the PMO Project Manager will support the organization by driving project management discipline, which, ultimately, enhances accountability, drives projects to completion, and promotes effective communication. Consulting with internal clients in various parts of the organization, the PMO Project Manager will function as a driver of projects for the organization following appropriate methodologies.
The role involves helping define requirements, driving coordination and completion of projects, all while working with a team that includes internal clients. Other responsibilities include: summarizing the progress of projects, preparing reports for project teams and senior management, and maintaining working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the project. Further, the PMO Project Manager will work with the PMO team to assist the organization in continuously improving business performance and processes across the company’s portfolio and driving best practices into the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply technical knowledge and tools to help develop and optimize PMO processes
- Accomplish goals by communicating project objectives; planning, monitoring, and appraising positive results; coaching, counseling, and directing team members
- Drive and require the creation and/or update of project and process/policy documentation
- Maintain the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting the implementation of processes and solutions
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timelines with user departments and internal/external project team
- Recommend strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organizational outputs, identifying business inefficiencies, evaluating trends, and understanding business requirements
- Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Maintain records and artifacts relative to the project
- Utilize principles of Project Management to evaluate work method proposals and to develop recommendations to management
- Additional duties consistent with the successful operation of the PMO department may be assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, technology, or another appropriate field is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Project Management
- PMP/CSM certification preferred
- Experience in IT or Corporate/Enterprise Operations preferred
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions
- Excellent documentation, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and guide/mentor others on the team
- Ability to communicate effectively with various departments within the organization, both Corporate and field audiences, that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Ability to facilitate discussions with groups of stakeholders to arrive at recommendations and/or decisions
- Strong emphasis on successful execution and delivery achieving results as per project metrics
Harvard is offering a competitive compensation structure including benefit package with medical, dental, life, and long-term disability (LTD) insurance along with 401K Savings Plan.
Travel Required: 10%