Harvard Maintenance, Inc. is one of the largest and fastest growing, privately owned providers of high-quality janitorial services in the United States. We are an industry leader and are well known for our innovative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit. Our success over the last fifty years stems from Harvard's Inverted Pyramid, which recognizes that our front-line employees are the most important people in our organization. The Inverted Pyramid ensures that our employees feel valued, are given the tools to be successful, and are empowered to execute in their roles. People are also at the center of our Core Values. Our People First core value clearly states that "we are a family organization that promotes respect and embraces diversity".
The key account manager (KAM) is responsible for handling some of Harvard's most strategic client accounts. The KAM will be the point of contact for all key client matters, anticipating the client needs, working across Harvard to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed. The KAM is expected to extend business from existing clients or contacts and develop new relationships with potential clients.This position is responsible for the coordination to improve the Client Experience (CX).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop solid and trusting relationships between major key clients and company
- Improve the overall Client Experience (CX) to drive client retention
- Proactively assess client KPI performance
- Resolve key client issues or complaints
- Develop a complete understanding of key account needs
- Anticipate key account changes and improvements
- Manage communications between key clients and internal teams
- Negotiate contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Establish and oversee internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the client
- Manage Days Sales Outstanding
- Collaborate with the sales team to maximize profit by up-selling
- Increase customer lifetime value
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Meet all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
- Track success metrics & provide improved service insight
- Active participation in Business Reviews and Governance Meetings with Clients.
- Expand relationships and win new clients
- Exercise leadership skills combined with strong business acumen and in-depth analytical skills.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proven organizational savvy and ability to navigate internal processes and teams
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field
- Four to five years' previous work experience in sales, management, key account management, or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel and Power Point skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account
- Proven results of delivering client solutions
Harvard is offering a competitive salary structure including benefit package with medical, dental, life, and long-term disability (LTD) insurance along with 401K Savings Plan. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Site LocationUS-FL-Miami