Maintenance Mechanic II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Maintenance Mechanic is a mid to senior level position that performs complex repairs on cork & wine barrel automated manufacturing equipment and the facility warehouse. This position maintains department safety and follows all safety guidelines with a strong emphasis on Manual Handling, Method Statement, Lock-out Tag-out and Fall Protection.
• Conduct preventative maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical systems and automated manufacturing equipment.
• Identify and respond promptly to potential equipment failures on the Cooperage & Cork Manufacturing Equipment, such as: changes in performance, irregular sounds, wear, smell, atypical energy usage, and temperature fluctuations.
• Light rigging, installation, and assembly of new manufacturing equipment, safely.
• Perform the installation and replacement of complex, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and optical parts in a timely manner.
• Manage and work with contractors on mid-level projects/task from start to finish.
• Train Operators & Maintenance Technicians on the operations & maintenance and repairs of existing and new equipment.
• Use CMMS to log equipment tag codes, labor hours on planned, unplanned work orders on all the manufacturing equipment in the Cooperage and Cork Manufacturing Equipment.
• Identify the root cause of equipment failures, and brainstorm with the Sr. Mechanic or equipment manufacturers Engineering Team to prevent re-occurring failures.
• Read, identify, & interpret parts in pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical schematics.
• MIG & TIG weld, operate the plasma cutter and torch.
• Update departments Repair & Maintenance budget tracking spreadsheet
• Comply with all GMP/Food Safety protocols, procedures, policies, rules, guidelines, and regulations that apply.
• Wear appropriate PPE
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Preferred Education: 2 Year Degree in: Robotics, Electronics, Automation Technology or Automotive Technology.
• Experience 7-10+ Years
• Good understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, optical, and electrical functions.
• Good troubleshooting & problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, ability to communicate complex equipment failures to the equipment manufacturers, Engineering Team.
• Ability to update Department Directors, Managers and Supervisors the status of equipment failures and expected time to return equipment back to Production.
• Ability to design and sketch a drawing of custom or standard parts needed to be fabricated.
• Knowledge and understanding of basic formulas in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Have a good understanding 5S & Lean principles: value added, non-value added, Muda, current & future value stream mapping, Kaizen
• Ability to identify the 8 wastes (Muda) in the Maintenance Department process, brainstorm with the Senior Mechanic and Maintenance Manager to put systems in place to eliminate the 8 wastes.
• Ability to delegate projects/task to the Senior Maintenance Mechanic & Technician.
• Able to bend, twist, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Communicate on a regular basis using a computer or handheld device.
• Able and willing to work longer than normal business hours when needed to meet deadlines.
• Able to withstand working in varying warehouse and office environment temperatures.
Harv 81 USA, Inc.
AddressSolano County, CA
Get fresh Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.