Resource Discovery Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Resource Discovery Manager
Hartford Public Library is nationally recognized for its wide range of initiatives including immigration services, employment assistance, school partnerships and youth leadership training. Now celebrating its 127th year, Hartford Public Library remains at the forefront of redefining the urban library experience. HPL is the catalyst for opportunities in education, civic engagement, intellectual enrichment and cultural development for tens of thousands of children, youth and adults every year. www.hplct.org.
The library seeks a Resource Discovery Manager. In this role you will be responsible for effectively managing the operations and activities of the library’s technical service operations. This includes management and oversight of the technical service staff, planning, direction and management of acquisitions, cataloging, classification, and processing of library materials.
This role reports to the Customer Experience Officer and is located at the downtown library.
• Monitors, customizes, and ensures optimal operation of ILS, supporting a variety of services including circulation, acquisitions, cataloging, serials, reports, external interface functions, and the online public access catalog (OPAC).
• Oversees original and copy cataloging, and classification of library materials, in accordance with international cataloging standards and library best practices.
• With vendor support, manages OPAC to include application performance, administration, maintenance, and upgrades to meet library requirements.
• Serves as primary contact for ILS related issues, and as liaison to staff, other libraries, and vendors.
• Participates in the design of an end-to-end chain of services with the public services teams and IT to ensure a positive user experience and resource discovery for both customers and stakeholders.
• In collaboration with IT, maintains interfaces between the library's integrated library system and 3rd-party products, in-house developed products, self-service checkout, computer reservation systems, and web-based applications that require authentication from the customer database.
• Maintains an accurate, up-to-date database of library materials in all formats and for all age populations.
• Manages and supports Technical Services team.
• Responsible for staff training on ILS, including new releases and modules.
• Works closely with Hartford Public Schools and the Boundless partnership to ensure resource discovery of materials to Hartford students and families.
• Produces statistics and reports as required.
• Runs both routine and on-demand data clean-up reports and performs associated record updates.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science, Information Science, or related field OR bachelor’s degree plus two years of related course work and experience.
• Public library experience
• Experience with original cataloging to ensure a diverse collection and remove disparities
• ILS Management Experience
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently
• Excellent organizational and priority setting skills
• Ability to provide consistent and excellent customer service to a diverse population
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• COVID-19 vaccination required
• Ability to speak a second language
• Experience with SIRSI Integrated Library System
• Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
• Experience working with cataloging tools such as MARCedit
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Resource Discovery Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Hartford Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hartford Public LibraryWhy Work Here?
Hartford Public Library provides free resources that inspire reading, guide learning, and encourage individual exploration.
Hartford Public Library is nationally recognized for its wide range of initiatives including immigration services, employment assistance, school partnerships and youth leadership training. Now celebrating its 127th year, Hartford Public Library remains at the forefront of redefining the urban library experience. HPL is the catalyst for opportunities in education, civic engagement, intellectual enrichment and cultural development for tens of thousands of children, youth and adults every year.
500 Main St.Hartford, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Hartford Public Library