Workwhere every moment matters.
Everyday, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing incommon: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We inviteyou to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcarenetwork.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center inBridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed communityteaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a largemultispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults andchildren. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to beintegrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’ssecond-largest hospital.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
- Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care. #HHC