Customer Service Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
Hart Medical Equipment provides a full range of home care products and support services based on individual needs. We strive to conduct our patient care operation with the highest standards. We are a nationally accredited, premier provider of home medical equipment and supplies.
Status: Full Time
Location: Detroit (Detroit Main Hospital), MI
Hart Medical Equipment offers a competitive salary and benefits package. EOE
SUMMARY: Provides exceptional service as the first point of contact for customers. Takes orders, answers questions, handles complaints and troubleshoots problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Assists all internal and external customers in a professional manner.
· Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
· Receives requests from multiple sources (phone, fax, e-Commerce, in-person) and completes necessary process for equipment services.
· Coordinates home equipment service request with Dispatch for prompt delivery.
· Engage in active listening with customers, confirming or clarifying information and diffusing angry customers, as needed.
· Provide customers with product and service information.
· Maintain current knowledge on Medicare, Medicaid and third party payor sources for equipment.
· Verifies medical necessity, insurance coverage and physician orders for all insurance-assigned services.
· Follows policy and work instructions to ensure the Billing Department has the correct paperwork to complete insurance.
· Understanding and striving to meet or exceed department metrics while providing excellent customer service.
· Making sales or recommendations for products or services that may complement client needs, as applicable.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Greets customers as they enter the store.
· Keeps the showroom and the shelf inventory clean, rotated and in order.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive and positive with internal and external customers and coworkers. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· 6 months of relevant customer service experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Customer service orientation
· Attention to detail
· Good data entry skills
· Proficiency with computers, with strong typing skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. Call Center/PAP/Supply departments require frequent seating behind a computer with frequent typing. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., 50 lbs. for retail. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. All employees are required to work in a safe manner.
PPE is provided to all employees.
All employees must be Covid-19 vaccinated
By submitting an application, you are agreeing to the terms of Hart's Application Acknowledgement and Agreement found at https://hartmedical.org/application-agreement.
IRB Medical Equipment LLC, dba Hart Medical Equipment, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship age, disability genetic information, height, weight, marital or veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of applicable federal state and local laws. Hart Medical Equipment also provides reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR
Hart Medical Equipment
BusinessView all jobs at Hart Medical Equipment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?