Harsco is recognized for technical leadership and worldwide experience in virtually all major aspects of railway track maintenance. We enable railroads to operate at peak efficiency over smooth, precisely aligned track that increases railway safety while reducing fuel consumption and other key operating costs. Our broad array of equipment and services support every type of railway operator, from major national and international railway systems, to short lines and high-speed urban transit networks.Job Description
Duties of a Team leader may include but not be limited to the following:
· Distribute and deliver job assignments at the direction of the supervisor
· Assist supervisor, at his or her request, with tasks associated with the team and/or their assigned department
· Address quality problems
· Train team members in safety rules and procedures in the operations of the team member’s assigned job to insure safety and quality.
· Interface with other plant personnel as required and assigned by the supervisor
· Perform administrative duties as directed by the supervisor, including tracking overtime and other time and attendance related functions.
· Perform the normal duties of his/her classification and work with other Team members as provided in this Agreement based on the Team based High performance work force concepts
· Relieve other employees within their assigned department from duty as directed by the supervisor or as appropriate due to the needs of the employee and their assigned department
· Process rejects and/or teardowns according to SWIs
· Assist supervisor in cross-training objectives, including updates to the training matrix
· Assist supervisor in trouble-shooting procedures, including inspection and certification of assemblies outside standard operations
· Other functions as directed.
Team Leaders will never be assigned, expected or allowed to:
- Issue discipline or in any other way participate in the disciplining of any employee of the Company.
- Exercise what are traditionally held as supervisory functions relating to employee matters (such as hiring, layoffs, termination of employment, etc.).
Team Leaders will be subject to layoff, bumping or shift transfer by their seniority in their classification. If the Team Leader is voluntarily or involuntarily removed from the Team and/or shift, he/she will cease to be a designated Team Leader.
In the event a Team Leader demonstrates poor performance or violates a shop rule, at the company’s discretion, the Team Leader may be disqualified.Qualifications
The following will, generally, outline the qualifications for a Team Leader:
· Company prefers one (1) year experience in the area they will lead.
· Must have knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
· Must have knowledge of applicable Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) documents as required.
· Must have knowledge of applicable assembly specifications and quality standards.
· Must be qualified trainer for typical operations, including ability to effectively demonstrate required skills and safety procedures.
· Must be able to demonstrate appropriate computer skills, including e-mail, MS Office applications, and select reporting tools.
· Cannot, for the six (6) months prior to the job posting, have any active written warning on the candidate’s record under the disciplinary or attendance policy.
· Ability to communicate and direct other team members with appropriate courtesy and professionalism.
· Candidates must exhibit a positive/up-lifting “can do” attitude.
· Candidates should have a basic knowledge of BaaN system material transactions.
· Ability to perform the administrative duties assigned by the supervisor including but not limited to preparation, publication, and distribution of voluntary overtime logs and schedule, update and post training matrix, perform transactions in EtQ, and other standard functions as directed.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Rail’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Harsco Rail offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Brittany Brown, HR Generalist, at 803-822-7440 and Harsco Rail will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.