As a Senior Accountant you will play a key role in our accounting department. You will work independently through the monthly general ledger close process, analyze large amounts of data, and research discrepancies. This position offers high visibility to all levels of accounting team members and offers opportunities to collaborate closely with other departments within the company. The Senior Accountant will be an addition to our growing team in West Columbia.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform month-end close activities including but not limited to posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, analyzing data reports, and researching discrepancies
- Flux analysis
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy in financial operations
- Assist in preparation of schedules as required for quarterly reviews, tax reporting and annual audit
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Manage workflow to approve the set-up of new vendors
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, experience and knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience of using LN or other ERP system
- Advanced Excel experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Possess the ability to perform accurate account reconciliations while understanding the activity and movements of various accounts and remediate any anomalies in a timely manner
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving few concrete variables
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
Harsco RailWest Columbia, SC
Finance and InsuranceView All Harsco Rail Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.