Operations Finance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.Job Description
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
· Defines key performance indicators per business unit financial activities and assists in developing and attaining operational targets. Follow up and reporting of the implementation of KPIs, analyzing trends and variance against target.
· Assists the sales and operations group in the development of cost estimates of new products or services.
· Analyzes cost information for use in controlling expenditures. Communicates potential cost issues with operations management.
· Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
· Assist site management / operations with reviewing monthly financial statements.
Financial Planning & Analysis
· Compiles cost information to be used in the operating budget preparation. The OFM works directly with the commercial, operations, and asset management group to develop the annual plan and quarterly forecast. Update Hyperion Planning with the latest forecast/plan information.
· Provide financial projection at mid-month.
· Manage the development of standard costs. Plans, studies, and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
· Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
· Provide ad hoc financial analysis as requested by operations and finance management.
· Provide regular updates on the projection of capital expenditures.
Month End Reporting:
· Participates in Month-End Closing procedures by ensuring accurate accounting of all revenue and cost in the month, reviewing site financials to detect any discrepancies and anomalies, and prepares detailed comments of the month results in Sales and Costs comparing actual numbers with Plan & latest Forecast financials by business unit activity.
· Analyze compliance reports and identify areas of improvement.
· Help to identify and resolve technical US GAAP and other accounting related issues as they arise.
· Identify process or cost issues and assist operations in the development of a remediation plan.
· Support the integrity of the financial results through rigorous review of the site P&L.
· Ensure appropriate financial control processes are in place across the sites.Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in accounting or finance
· Public accounting experience
· Financial Analysis
· Manufacturing or similar industry experience
· In-depth Financial Controls knowledge
· Experience of Large company ERP systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, citizenship or immigration status, pregnancy, handicap, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status or any other characteristic protected by law. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”
AddressSeven Fields, PA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Harsco Environmental
Get fresh Harsco Environmental jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.