Mobile Equipment - Maintenance Supervisor
Harsco Environmental Calvert, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.Job Description
- Ensuring that all Mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and proper manner that protects all personnel and equipment from damage or injury on the property.
- Managing maintenance workers, subcontractors and suppliers to ensures that Work Orders are completed on schedule and crews are fully utilized as per the weekly maintenance plan.
- Assigning maintenance workers tasks from "Mobile Equipment Defect Reports" for breakdown repairs as they occur.
- Ensuring that the "Planned Preventative Maintenance Program" is strictly adhered to and the PM's are performed in a timely manner.
- Performing Mobile equipment condition inspections 100 hours preceding each PM and completes an "Equipment Defect Report" for all defects and develops a BOM for the repairs and submits to Maintenance Planner.
- Assisting in the determination of priority of repair work, estimation of labor requirements and repair time for all work orders.
- Providing technical assistance to maintenance personnel and critical path planning of major repairs requiring longer-term shutdown of Mobile equipment with assistance from Production Supervisor.
- Assisting maintenance workers and sub-contractors in performing diagnosis and troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong organized communicator, willing to work a rotating schedule, weekends and holidays in a fast paced environment.
- Participate in safety, quality and environmental programs by conducting observations, audits and meetings.
- Carry out duties with a focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Five years of prior supervisory experience
- Experience in large offroad mobile heavy equipment experience
- Experience in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues and problem solving
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience in a steel mill environment a plus
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.