Sr Accountant - Consolidation and Financial Reporting
- Expired: November 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Harsco Corporation is a global market leader providing environmental solutions for industrial and specialty waste streams and innovative technologies for the rail sector. The 12,000-employee company operates in more than 30 countries. Harsco's common stock is a component of the S&P SmallCap 600 Index and the Russell 2000 Index. Additional information can be found at www.harsco.com.
We are excited to announce that we are in the process of moving our Corporate Headquarters Camp Hill, PA to Center City Philadelphia! Our new office will officially open in January 2023 and will be available in early Q3 2022. During the time until our new office is available in 2022, we offer the ability to work from our Clean Earth division office in King of Prussia, periodic time at our current Camp Hill office, and some remote working
The Senior Accountant - Consolidation and Financial Reporting will report to the Senior Manager- Consolidation and Financial Reporting and support the global consolidation, internal reporting and external SEC reporting functions of Harsco Corporation. The Senior Accountant - Consolidation and Financial Reporting is required to consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance. The position provides exposure to key accounting reporting areas and offers development opportunities.
- Lead monthly global consolidation process including the performance of intercompany eliminations
- Serve as the primary business contact to provide direction and guidance to divisions and departments regarding consolidation issues
- Produce monthly internal financial statements and supporting schedules for senior management in a time-sensitive environment
- Preparation of consolidated balance sheet, statement of operations, statement of cash flows, statement of comprehensive income and statement of equity in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, including accumulated other comprehensive income (loss) data required for SEC disclosure purposes, for utilization in the Company's Form 10-Q/K.
- Prepare the Company's quarterly earnings per share calculation, including diluted shares outstanding, and related SEC footnote disclosures
- Assist with the calculation, tracking, and reporting of long term incentive awards, including the preparation of related SEC footnote disclosures
- Assist in preparing and providing support to external auditors for the global Harsco Corporation audit
- Maintain books and records for certain administrative entities, process corporate office journal entries, and accumulate data required for preparation of government-mandated legal entity reports
- Perform special projects and provide ad hoc requests as required by department leadership and other departments and divisions
- Assist with the optimization of consolidation and reporting procedures, including reducing the time to close and report results
Education and Work Experience
- BS in Accounting and a minimum of five years related experience in accounting. CPA preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word applications required
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM, including Smartview ad in for Excel)
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt with various leadership/working styles when dealing with diverse levels of financial personnel
- Financial awareness and ability to embrace and accelerate change in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Harsco Corporation