Corporate Accountant - More than just a Bookkeeper
Harry L Stearns, Inc Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, 401k
For over 60 years, Harry L. Stearns, Inc. (“HLS”) has served the construction industry’s lighting needs in Oregon and southwest Washington. Join a dynamic and growing company with an emphasis on intelligent lighting systems and a commitment to customer service and satisfaction, read more at: hlstearns.com. As our Corporate Accountant, you are much more than a bookkeeper and will:
- Administer and oversee the daily operation of the accounting process
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policy, and principles
The Position: Located in Portland, Oregon, HLS seeks a Corporate Accountant that will oversee, track, and evaluate day-to-day activities, including establishing financial status in the development and implementation of systems for collection, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information. This individual reports to the Director of Operation & Finance. As a trusted resource, you will excel in providing renowned customer service, be detail-oriented and work collaboratively.
- Cash management
- Month-end and end of year process
- Payroll and expense reimbursement
- Accounts payable/receivable/commissions
- Reconciliations: bank accounts, retirement plan, and so on
- Fixed asset and debt activity
- Revenue and expense posting
- Meet financial accounting objective
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Improve systems and procedures, initiate corrective actions
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- HR activity: EE benefit eligibility, annual benefit review, retain personnel files, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Preference with a BS degree in accounting, finance or working towards completion.
- Progressive work experience in accounting, 3+ years.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making aptitude.
- Advanced computer skills (proficiency) with MS Office and QuickBooks.
- Ability to manipulate and manage large amounts of data.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Background check and references required.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision (work independently/self-starter).
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations.
You will be exposed to numerous opportunities and play a vital role in coordinating various critical functions in meeting our company’s expectations and objectives. This is a unique position to join a progressive lighting company, committed to supporting its customers and team members. HLS offers competitive compensation, benefits, and retirement plan. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
At this time, 85% of our employees work remotely, the remaining 15% are well disbursed in office. Employees and visitors are required to wear masks when not in their respective office. The facility is regularly cleaned and sanitized. Masks and hand sanitizer are provided. To-date we have not experienced a COVID transmission.
This is an in-office, full-time position requiring 35 – 40 hours per week.
Salary negotiable, commensurate with education and experience.
Our team is comprised of passionate, driven and engaged individuals who maintain advanced infrastructure experience, technical knowledge, and solution-based management for the lighting industry. As a trusted resource, you will excel in providing renowned service, be detailed oriented, a self-starter, proactive, and use problem solving techniques.
Harry L Stearns, IncWhy Work Here?
Dynamic and growing company with an emphasis on intelligent lighting systems and a commitment to customer satisfaction
For over 60 years, Harry L. Stearns, Inc. (HLS) is a leading manufacturer’s representative serving the construction industry’s lighting needs in Oregon and southwest Washington. We represent the top manufacturers in North America to meet our clients needs as they demand integrity and quality. Our team is comprised of passionate, driven and engaged individuals who maintain advanced infrastructure experience, technical knowledge, and solution-based management for the lighting industry. As a trusted resource, you will excel in providing renowned service, be detailed oriented, a self-starter, proactive, and use problem solving techniques.
Finance and Insurance