IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician is primarily responsible for working directly with the end-user customers to provide friendly, confident, and successful incident and problem resolution for 1st level workstation, server, and network support, basic system administration, end-user administration (including user moves/adds/changes), smart phone/tablet device support, printing, Internet connectivity, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that support calls are opened in our ticketing system, properly prioritized, and responded to according to well established procedures and policies.
- Provides excellent communication with the customer by responding to requests coming in via telephone, email, monitoring alerts, or other methods.
- Works directly with the IT Manager, JCC IT Team, and/or third-party support for more complex issues or issues requiring more time and capacity.
- Verifies customer account authorization and current statuses, opens tickets for all issues received prior to beginning the troubleshooting process, and ensures all standard fields are completed.
- Assume responsibilities as assigned for JCC special events.
- Must actively promote and practice the organization’s Positive Rules of Communication.
- Assume Manager on Duty responsibilities as assigned which may include a maximum of 2-3 weekend shifts per year.
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
- Ability to provide regular basic reporting to management on ticket status, issues, and trends
- Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to follow defined processes to resolve problems or determine higher-level technical involvement.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and above experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2012 and above
- Ability to perform Active Directory administration.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365 administration.
- Knowledge of Network printing and driver configuration.
- Knowledge of Anti-Virus, anti-malware, and infection removal.
- Knowledge of Windows Remote Desktop Services.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting (connectivity and performance) of networks, Wi-Fi, and Internet.
- Knowledge of other basic device, service, and connectivity troubleshooting including smart phones, tablets, phone system, security, digital signage, point of sale systems, projectors, cloud services, and more.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education/training and experience is required.
- 1 years of experience working within an established IT department preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to support the needs of the business, including frequent extended workdays, and weekends and holidays may be required.
What do we offer?
The Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance, and invests in our culture by offering a generous paid time off package to full time employees. These include paid time for vacation, personal or sick days and paid observance of secular and religious holidays. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, participation in our defined contribution 403B pension, and Group Life and Disability Insurance after one year of service. Additionally, every JCC Employee receives a free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities in Whitefish Bay, including our seasonal outdoor water park in Mequon.
Uniquely JCC Benefits
- JCC Membership: Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, which includes member access to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities in Whitefish Bay and summer membership to the JCC Water Park in Mequon.
- JCC Program Discounts: Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (414) 964-4444 or contact us at hr at jccmilwaukee.org.
Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community CenterMilwaukee, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.