Chief Program Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The JCC seeks an engaging, strategic, highly relational, and growth-minded leader to become its next Chief Program Officer (CPO). This position is the organizational leader for the vision, practice, and program delivery for Arts & Culture, Community Services, Social Action, Inclusion & Special Needs, Recreation & Aquatics, and Youth Programs. In partnership with the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Program Officer oversees program development, staff oversight, compliance with licensing standards, as well as supervision and implementation of the program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the JCC. The Chief Program Officer will ensure that the highest levels of care, education are program delivery are met for members and the community served in these programs.
The successful candidate must have an authentic passion for the mission and vision of the JCC and broader Jewish life; proven success in constituent and audience engagement; and experience developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships with board members, partners, and colleagues.
The Chief Program Officer is a part of the JCC Advisory, Leadership, and Supervision teams and connects the programs and Community Services to the JCC through participation in Supervisory Trainings, Staff Communication meetings, Operations, and Programmatic meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervise and support the Arts & Culture Director, Community Services Director, Inclusion & Special Needs Director, Food Pantry Director, Recreation & Aquatics Director and Youth Programs Director. Provide mentorship, guidance and growth in a safe, healthy and intellectually stimulating and challenging work environment.
- Ensure the highest levels of communication with program users and members is achieved through active supervision and mentorship of staff leadership team. Ensure that this communication is varied and may include written plans, reflections, meetings, newsletters, and that all staff are adequately communicating program goals and plans to program users.
- Ensure JCC programs are developed, recruited for, organized, logistically supported, and delivered so that a cohesive program is offered for JCC members and the greater community.
- Oversee the annual budget(s) of responsible departments and ensure that fiscal goals are met.
- Work in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer to create a shared vision to offer consistently excellent programming.
- Ensure that JCC programs and Community Services are adequately staffed and that they have adequate supplies so that our programs maintain excellence in quality and delivery.
- Complete annual performance evaluations as well as initial reviews for direct reports as well as any other department staff under supervision in consultation and collaboration with their direct supervisors where applicable.
- Orient and train staff appropriately to ensure the highest levels of program delivery and standards.
- Create meaningful agendas for and run the bi-weekly All Staff Communication meetings.
- Participate in Supervisor training and professional development sessions.
- Assist the Marketing Director in the development of marketing tools for the varied programs offered under your supervision.
- Ensure agency resource allocation is appropriate considering the programs in greatest need of supplies and resources and ensure proper investments are being made.
- Assume responsibilities as assigned for JCC special events.
- Adhere to, and ensure CEO is apprised of any concerns, challenges or other potential impacts to the JCC.
- Must actively promote and practice the organization’s Rules of Positive Communication.
- Perform the MOD duties as assigned on a weekly and annual basis.
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed.
Decision Making by Co-determination:
The Chief Program Officer makes independent decisions when necessary regarding responsiveness to program user needs and concerns regarding program content and delivery, program materials needed, as well as managing the multiple functions of the individual programs. The Chief Program Officer communicates on a regular basis with and supports the guidance and direction offered by the Chief Executive Officer. He / She consults with the Chief Operating Officer and when necessary, the CEO regarding the daily functioning of the JCC programs and Community Services and apprises the CEO of any challenges that are currently being faced in a timely manner.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
- Ability to articulate the influences of Judaic culture on our programs to program users and staff and be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Knowledge of Judaic culture and traditions including but not limited to; Jewish holidays, rituals, and customs.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and enthusiasm in work style, create a positive and harmonious workplace, effectively manage time, understand individual leadership styles and its influence on the well-being of the department staff.
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively and demonstrate maturity as well as the ability to get along with a variety of people.
- Ability to respond effectively to constructive criticism and give constructive feedback to staff, and ensure that an environment which fosters maximum physical, social, cognitive and emotional development is developed and maintained.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in program planning, curriculum development and implementation.
What do we offer?
The Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance and invests in our culture by offering generous benefit package to full time employees. These include:
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage
- Participation in defined contribution 403B pension
- Group Life and Disability Insurance (after one year of service)
- A generous Paid Time Off policy for vacation, sick and personal days
- Paid observance of secular and religious holidays
Uniquely JCC Benefits
- JCC Membership. Every active staff member receives a full JCC membership at no cost which includes membership to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities.
- JCC Program Discounts. Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC including early childhood education, camps, before & after school, fitness & aquatics classes, cultural, and enrichment programs.
The JCC has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. This policy requires that all JCC employees verify they are fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (414) 964-4444 or contact us at hr at jccmilwaukee dot org.
Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center
Get fresh Chief People Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.