- Expired: November 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Working at the Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) turns an interest into a passion, a hobby into a calling, an idea into reality. As a multi-faceted social services agency, with over 17 unique service areas spanning 6 different locations throughout the state, we let our mission guide the way. Regardless of your faith, we're seeking highly committed, high-energy leaders to serve our members and bring our programs to life. Sound like something for you? Read on.
The JCC is seeking an analytical leader with strong communication skills for our Accounting Manager opportunity. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, this position coordinates the financial activities of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations for the guidance of management decisions. The Accounting Manager is a leader in creating proactive change with a focus on the future operations of the entire agency and community.
After a six month training period in-person, this position can be hybrid - working up to 40% time remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain policies, procedures and practices relating to the management of all accounting related functions including GAAP compliance, fund accounting, accounts payable and receivable, billing, general ledger, and fixed asset accounting
- Directly supervise and support the Accounting staff. Provide mentorship, guidance, and growth in a safe, healthy, and intellectually stimulating and challenging work environment
- Recommend and lead modifications to existing agency programs
- Complete journal entries, reconciliations and analyze results
- Monitor month-end close and prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and periodic financial statements and other reports required by regulatory agencies
- Prepare reports, which summarize and forecast JCC business department and project activity
- Prepares financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation and working capital
- Prepare departmental and agency-wide budget, monitor compliance throughout the year
- Assists with special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in preparing analyses
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
- Plans and assesses financial internal controls by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, and external regulations
- Leads external agency and 403b audits
- Coordinates preparation and filing of tax returns and other reports to government agencies
- Assist with relations with banks and financial institutions
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Attend and build relationships with JCC staff and lay committees
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Keep up to date on government regulations affecting JCC policies and practices, complying with legal requirements and government reporting regulations
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies
- Participate in Supervisor training and professional development sessions
- Assume responsibilities as assigned for JCC special events
- Adhere to, and ensure CFO is apprised of any concerns, challenges, or other potential impacts to the JCC
- Must actively promote and practice the organization's Rules of Positive Communication
- Perform the MOD duties as assigned on a weekly and annual basis
- Completes special projects
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills are essential, as are interpersonal skills. The ability to work with frequent, established deadlines is required. Organizational and analytical skills are required. The ability to work effectively with diverse populations is required. The ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals is required. Ability to write reports business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, executives, and other employees of the organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software and Database software.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required. CPA is a plus.
- Five years accounting experience in a not-for-profit, manufacturing, or other multi-site/department environment to include financial statement preparation and knowledge of tax laws and filing requirements.
- Not-for-profit experience is preferred.
What do we offer?
The Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance, and invests in our culture by offering a generous paid time off package to full time employees. These include paid time for vacation, personal or sick days and paid observance of secular and religious holidays. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, participation in our defined contribution 403B pension, and Group Life and Disability Insurance after one year of service. Additionally, every JCC Employee receives a free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities in Whitefish Bay, including our seasonal outdoor water park in Mequon.
Uniquely JCC Benefits
- JCC Membership: Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, which includes member access to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities in Whitefish Bay and summer membership to the JCC Water Park in Mequon.
- JCC Program Discounts: Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.
The JCC has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. This policy requires that all JCC employees verify they are fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (414) 964-4444 or contact us at hr at jccmilwaukee dot org.
Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Family Office Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.