Quality Assurance Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Harrison Steel has an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager in Attica, Indiana. This position is responsible for ensuring that all New Product Introduction and sustained production demand is achieved on schedule and maintained for all of Harrison Steel. The position also facilitates New Production Introduction via the APQP process through to PPAP approval and insures that both Equipment and Human Resources are available for successful production.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Quality Engineers (CQEs) will be considered to have met the educational requirements. Strong language, communication, writing, Microsoft Office, and problem solving skills including Six Sigma required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates Project Plans (timelines) for all New Product Introduction (NPI) as defined by the customer's or internal needs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of statistics as well as problem solving techniques.
- Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day activities within the Quality Assurance Department. Makes recommendations and suggestions for improvements. Supports all QMS activities, facilitates the Management Representative's role. A working knowledge of the following related Standards: ISO, DIN EN, ABS, ASME, API, ASTM as well as other customer specific specifications is a plus.
- Performs quotations as the representative of the Quality Assurance Department.
- Works with and effectively communicates with the applicable Facilities Engineer on new equipment timing and installation through to PPAP if/when required.
- Identifies barriers to launch and/or production schedules and proposes resolution plans.
- Visits/meets with customers as needed to insure all plans and/or objectives are on schedule. Utilizes Harrison Steel resources to collaborate on barriers with the customer to achieve amicable resolution.
- Complies with all safety and employment policies while at Harrison Steel, and all other locations while conducting business.
- Serves as a representative of Harrison Steel while visiting potential new or existing customers, and therefore, it is expected that he/she will conduct him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
- Is able to prepare meeting agenda's and their successful execution.
Travel: Both domestic and international travel is required as needed. Both an active and valid driver's license and passport are required. Travel is less than 10% of the time.
Work Environment: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level is usually moderate in offices and loud in our non-climate-controlled production facility. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits: Competitive salary; 401k and profit sharing; medical, dental and vision insurance available for purchase; the WeCare Clinic, available to employees and family members for a variety of medical visits with no out-of-pocket costs; and reduced golf rates and memberships at Harrison Hills Country Club.
About Harrison Steel: Harrison Steel is a family owned company that engineers and manufactures castings of 350 to 12,500 pounds, net casting weight, for businesses in industries such as agriculture, mining, and oil and gas. The benefits of working at Harrison Steel include 401k and profit sharing, full health, vision and dental plans available, vacation, career opportunities to move into other departments and supervisory roles, and competitive salaries. HS is located in Attica, Indiana, where it was founded in 1906 by J.W. Harrison, as the National Car Coupler Company. Attica is a rural city surrounded by traditional Midwest farmland that about 3,200 residents call home. The foundry is a 40-minute drive from Lafayette, Indiana or Danville, Illinois, and 1.5 hours from Indianapolis. More information at hscast.com/about-us/.
Harrison Steel is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Harrison Steel does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected class.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Harrison Steel Castings Co.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?