- $150,000 to $180,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
About The Company
Our client is a rapidly growing real estate focused Fund Administration and Operations Platform looking to hire an experienced Controller to lead the accounting team and manage all financial reporting and audits.
In this capacity, the Controller will also have an essential role in managing the current workflow and help with the continuous improvement and monitoring of accounting and financial reporting processes. This role will play a pivotal part in supporting their platforms rapid growth and meeting the companys short and long-term strategic objectives.
This dynamic and challenging position will be part of the Fund Accounting and Operations team. The team is responsible for the compilation, analysis, and validation of all client-investment and investor-related transactions; the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and special reports supporting portfolio and risk management decisions. This function will allow the candidate to gain a detailed insight into core aspects of the portfolios real estate assets. It will work with a team of experienced investment, operations, and accounting professionals. This individual will report to the President and Senior Managing Director.
- Manage the accounting and reporting process for private real estate debt and equity funds with various investment strategies PE, Credit, Direct, and Indirect Investments
- Act as a liaison and interface with investment companies (operators); fund managers and/or General Partners; accounting team members; and auditors
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Process 3rd party investment reports, statements, and analyses that form the firms client reporting basis.
- Be the point of contact and main coordinator for all yearly and regulatory audits
- Analyze and review information at the portfolio company level ensuring accuracy, completeness, and correct valuation(s)
- Actively facilitate improvement of operational and accounting processes
- CPA certification
- Bachelors degree
- 7-10 Years of relevant experience
- Real Estate experience
- Familiarity with complex systems and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Ability to prepare report summaries for senior executives and clients.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced Degree
- Public Accounting experience
- Strong knowledge in real estate accounting and reporting
- Experience with PCAOB audits and reports
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, process-and-business-oriented skills.
- Ability to integrate rapidly and work efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and mentor staff.
- Attention to detail and ability to document processes and procedures.
- Experience working with eFront
Compensation & Benefits
- $150,000 $180,000 base salary - based on experience and qualifications
- Merit-based Year-end bonus
- 401k with Employer contribution
- Health Insurance, with limited Vision coverage
- Vacation and Paid Sick Time Off
- An ergonomic work environment in a premium office building adjustable/standing desks; floor-to-ceiling windows with generous natural light and view of the Pasadena mountains; kitchen with snack bar and espresso machine; latest technology and software
Harrison Gray Search & ConsultingAltadena, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.