Outpatient Clinic Registered Nurse/Wound Nurse
- Expired: November 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Outpatient Clinic Registered Nurse
Supervisor: Director of Specialty Clinic and Surgical Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Full-Time
Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Registered Nurse required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Wound Care, PICC line placement, or Operating Room experience preferred. Current Basic Life Support Certification and willing to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification within 6 months of hire.
Positional Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for managing patient care by promoting and restoring patients' health through the nursing process. The RN will also collaborate with physicians and other team members to provide physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
Job Descriptions/Essential Functions
- Provides skilled, evidence based nursing care under the direction of a physician and/or mid-level
- Nurses will be trained to work multiple
- Assists in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient needs
- Perform and assist in other clinical and business functions of the clinic/hospital
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards
- Obtain and document allergies, medications, procedures, immunizations, past medical history, family history, social history, chief complaint and vital signs
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone inquiries from patients and other parties
- Provides education to patients about his/her conditions or medications
- Documents patient care observations and activities according to professional standards and procedures
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (verbal, written, and computerized) with the health care team through: documenting, reporting & interacting
- Aids in identifying methods of improving patient care
- Demonstrates professionalism by: articulating and demonstrating professional behavior, accepting responsibility/accountability for actions, adhering to departmental/ hospital policies and procedures, and applying and maintaining nursing practice
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked patient care area, observing asepsis techniques and all other federal mandates, i.e., OSHA, CLIA, etc.
- Maintains continuing education units, seeks out and pursues educational opportunities
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and business functions of the facility
- Follow time, attendance policies, and procedures
- Uses universal precautions when tasks being performed present the possibility of exposure to blood or body fluids; this includes using appropriate personal protective equipment and work policies
- Participates in and fosters an approach to continuously improving quality that includes both intra-departmental and inter-departmental activities
- Has knowledge of the clinical interventions and equipment necessary to meet the specific needs of the patient population served
- Ability to make decisions and initiate action under stressful or critical situations
- Ability to effectively interact with physicians, mid-levels, other healthcare providers, staff and patients
- Working knowledge of computerized medical record and other computerized applications and systems
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, proficient with multi-tasking
- Customer service-oriented attitude and behavior with a pleasant, poised demeanor.
- Embraces and participates in teamwork-oriented environment
- Follows all Harrison County Community Hospital District and departmental policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Harrison County Community Hospital District
Get fresh Outpatient Clinic RN jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.