Production Process Engineer- Semiconductors (Ceramics, Chemicals, or Materials)
- Posted: over a month ago
Skills: Manufacturing, Ceramic Manufacturing, Management, ISO, Ceramic, Materials, Industrial Engineering, Particle Processing, Furnace RELOCATION: Yes!!!
- Surface Conditioning is a global business within the Specialty Grains and Powders business. We supply submicron ceramic grains for demanding growing markets, such as semiconductors and batteries.
- This position is responsible for improving the manufacturing processes of the ceramic particles used for these demanding markets. This role is critical to advance these markets as specifications become tighter with the advancement of these technologies.
- The incumbent will be responsible for initiating, developing, improving, scaling up, implementing, and maintaining production processes and equipment for production of these grains from calcination to milling and sizing. This role will define process parameters and provide engineering support to maintain process equipment, ensuring manufacturing meets established product specifications, quality standards, productivity objectives, lead times, and safety standards. The incumbent identifies and pursues projects, which require experience and judgment to deal with a variety of variables. Projects frequently involve interaction with other disciplines and with customers.
- The Production Supervisor and the team of operators will report to the incumbent.
- Ceramic Process improvement: This position is responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation through improvement of production processes in ceramic processing of particles used for these demanding markets, where specifications at customers become more stringent as the technologies advance.
- Improve controls of manufacturing process to develop tighter specifications in order to meet increased needs from the customers
- Increase yield of processes to manufacture these ceramic submicron grains.
- Provides hands-on assistance to Manufacturing and Maintenance personnel on the production floor to identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Responsible for Certificates of Analysis, and quality control of the manufacturing process
- Performs statistical analysis of process variables and rejection rates, interprets data and leads resulting process and product improvement projects. Creates, implements, and oversees vital quality and process control procedures.
- Promote data acquisition, data analytics, digital solutions, and automation.
- Scale up ceramic processes for calcination and milling of grains (from sample to production size runs)
- Direct interaction with key customers regarding process improvement, development, and quality matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Ceramic, Materials, or Industrial Engineering
- Master of Science or Engineering in Ceramics or Materials Science – or equivalent experience
- Experience utilizing and understanding engineering principles, theories, and their applications.
- Must have strong process optimization and problem-solving skills
- This role requires a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to build cooperative working relationships.
- The position is highly visible to all employees and the incumbent must demonstrate leadership through integrity, knowledge, and personal example
- Must have strong knowledge of data analytics, knowledge of SPC, lean manufacturing concepts, 5S, quality systems, and Six-Sigma
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?