Design Construction Senior Manager (Project Director) First Hill Modernization Project
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client is calling for a Design Construction Senior Manager (Project Director) - First Hill Modernization Project (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Seattle, WA.
The Project Director will provide leadership and oversight to effectively execute and successfully deliver First Hill Modernization Project. This role will direct Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Equipment, Furniture, IT and IS Managers as well as Contractors and Consultants. The Project Director will oversee Project's compliance with the hospital's Swedish capital project platform and be responsible for developing consistent cost and schedule reporting and integration within the organization. This role will inform the hospital's Swedish Health Services Senior Management Team with regular updates on progress and performance.
• Oversee the development of project’s plans, schedules, and budgets including resource requirements.
• Ensures that project programs, designs, budgets, and schedules are inclusive of all elements required for a complete Project.
• Plan phases of sub-projects from start to completion involving benchmarks, variances, milestones, and devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements and/or escalation.
• Align deliverables at each project phase turnover to ensure compliance with the hospital's Swedish documentation systems.
• Organize and drive a team of industry professionals and project staff towards successful completion of project’s objectives.
• Set clear goals for project’s team by assigning responsibilities, measuring performance, and seeking and delivering feedback to achieve quality, and timely results.
• Lead courageously, takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty.
• Initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere inside and outside of the hospital's Swedish with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population.
• Use excellent communication and relationship management skills to navigate a complex and sensitive capital resources environment.
• Provide administrative control over all construction and suppliers contract work including administration of notice to proceed, change orders, payments substantial completion and final acceptance.
• Represent the client's best interest throughout the design and construction phases.
• Develop strong client relationships with department managers and service line leader.
• Become familiar with the client's vision, business strategy and understand their rhythm of the business, organization, and performance measures.
• Provide leadership in facilitating timely decision-making and integration of key stakeholder groups and required milestones.
• Drive action and decisions, supported by analytical rigor and data, among clients and partner stakeholders by utilizing and facilitating an awareness of project’s needs and priorities at different phases of project’s life cycle.
• Proactively engage with clients and partners to solve problems and effectively balance specific client needs with the broader the hospital's Swedish interests and the Puget Sound Portfolio.
• Anticipate, recognize, and resolve problems and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
• Achieves Results, understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results.
• Analyze process flows for all operational processes relating to project and recommend changes resulting in additional value, enhanced customer service, and improved asset management.
• Apply change, risk, and resource management principles when and as required.
• Work with the hospital's Swedish Finance and Accounting to develop procurement strategies within approved governance guidelines and limits. Work with the hospital's Swedish Finance and Accounting to develop procurement strategies within approved governance guidelines and limits.
• Work with the hospital's Swedish Legal to provide administrative controls over all contractor and consultant agreements including contract formation, amendments, and claims.
• Initiate, set, manage and report against benchmarks, targets, and goals of the First Hill Modernization Project
• Develop, monitor, and review cost reports with project’s team to verify completeness and accuracy.
• Manage the presentation of reports, estimates and program updates to Senior Management
• Prepare comparison reports to monitor construction cost projections to actual data.
• Oversee the development of infection control procedures with safety, facilities, infection prevention and accreditation teams. Monitor compliance procedures during construction.
• Conduct routine inspection to ensure conformance with design documents, incorporation of best practices and communication with the project team.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with authorities having jurisdiction over Project.
• Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team success and reflects the hospital's Swedish Health Services’ Mission, Vision and Values of Compassion, Justice, Excellence, Dignity, Integrity and Safety.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or Project Management
Ten (10) or more years experience with Construction Project/Program Management techniques and methods
Ten (10) or more years experience with Healthcare Specific Construction Projects
Proven experience as Director or a similar role of a large scale Construction Projects
Master's Degree in Science or Business Administration
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) Certification
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our mission of improving the health and wellbeing of each patient we serve.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?