Harris Group thrives on providing expert engineering for some of today’s most complex challenges. We are creative in our approach by delivering multi-discipline services across a wide range of project types. Our successes are directly related to high-quality collaboration, across all offices, expertise, and backgrounds. Harris Group is a 100% Employee-Owned company with our eyes focused on the people in the company, the clients we serve, and the communities in which we live. Come join a Great Place to Work® Certified™ company!
Harris Group is seeking a Structural Engineer with extensive analysis and design experience on large and small industrial manufacturing projects. This position can be based in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Lafayette, CA; Thousand Oaks, CA; Golden, CO; Charleston, SC. The Structural Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing technical support and design of concrete structures involving tower structures, concrete foundations for buildings and equipment, overhead cranes, seismic, and analysis of such.
You will be responsible for leading the design, delivery and documentation of project requirements for a variety of facilities. This position provides the opportunity to be involved in various projects throughout North America and abroad, act as client liaison, and contribute to regional marketing/Business Development efforts. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team focused on growing not only your technical skills, but growing Harris Group's business.
What We Can Offer You
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating with engineers and architects from all disciplines.
- Ownership in Harris Group with line of sight to yours and overall company successes.
- Training & Education Assistance to support your career goals.
- Flexible Work: Remote & In-Office.
- A passionate team and collaborative environment focused on excellence in delivery.
- Understand and practice client-focused design service values and continuous focus on quality.
- Research, plan, and design code compliant structural solutions that often require novel concepts and approaches within a multi-discipline team to meet project expectations (technical, operational, aesthetic, construction) for a wide range of industrial facilities, often with client requirements that exceed typical code minimums.
- Serve as technical resource on design issues and engineering theories, concepts, principles, and processes for structural integrity and seismic strength.
- Estimate and manage effort required by self and others to accomplish structural design work within project constraints (scope, quality, schedule, budget).
- Represent Harris Group at client meetings, communications, and industry peers.
- Provide on-site construction phase observation and assistance services.
- Ability and willingness to travel to an off-site location and/or accept client site assignments when required.
- Ability to recognize construction means and methods and integrate constructability into creative design concepts when working within operating facilities with minimal affects to production.
- Depending on experience level and project requirements, supervise, lead and mentor associate engineers and designers.
B.S. in ABET accredited Civil or Structural Engineering program with 4+ years of relevant experience. NCEES record preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer Civil branch (PE civil) or licensed Professional Structural Engineer (SE) in one or more of the following states: Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado or South Carolina. Ability and desire to sit for the 16-hour NCEES SE exam within two years, if not currently licensed as an SE.
- Advanced structural engineering knowledge and ability to apply structural engineering techniques commonly used in industrial capital projects.
- Conduct detail calculations of loads, pressures, stresses and strains of structural components and document results with supporting design basis information.
- Communicate structural design solutions through drawings, specifications, computer models, and other design and construction documents. Ability to proficiently identify, interpret and apply relevant codes and standards to engineering designs, including: IBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI, and jurisdiction specific codes.
- Ability to proficiently apply analysis software including STAAD, Enercalc, and FEA.
- Ability to use drafting software including AutoCAD and Revit for engineering design, quality control and drawing revisions.
- Ability to use basic office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand how to work with set budgets and deadlines for structural engineering tasks while maintaining a high level of quality.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Harris Group provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Drug Free Workplace
Harris Group, Inc. is a 100% drug free workplace. For the safety of our employees, customers, and our customer’s facilities, we do a pre-employment drug test and may require random testing to meet specific client needs. Please note that Marijuana, even if prescribed by a physician OR allowed under a state law regulating Marijuana, remains illegal under federal law and is against Harris Group’s policy.
We look forward to receiving your resume!
Harris GroupLos Angeles, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.