- Posted: 16 days ago
Harris Group is seeking a dynamic, self-driven Mechanical Designer to join our Portland, OR location.
Relationships are the key to our success! We are looking for a team member who can work independently, collaborate on a team, and provide mentorship and leadership to support the growth of Harris Group.
Harris Group is an engineering consulting firm with locations across the US. Harris Group provides engineering in nearly every discipline and offers varied and diverse projects across an array of industries that inspire professional development and growth.
The Mechanical Designer will work closely with our professional engineers performing assignments of limited scope which require application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related mechanical piping and HVAC designing tasks. The Mechanical Designer will support a wide variety of tasks that help our clients to be more successful. This role will take direction from the immediate supervisor for new assignments. Assignments involve some unusual or difficult problems requiring job knowledge. This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position is expected to have billable hours of 80% or greater.
- Production and basic designing tasks across multiple industries. Successful client will get exposure to industrial, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing systems.
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams to produce a coordinated set of design documents (drawings, P&ID’s, specifications, lists, spreadsheets, etc.) conforming to project standards.
- Perform field surveys, document existing conditions, and/or recommend design solutions.
- Preparation of mechanical design documents including general arrangements, piping plans, HVAC plans, utilities, plumbing, details, notes, and more.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to pass Client badging and screening processes.
- Ability and willingness to travel to an off-site location and/or accept client site assignments when required.
Associate degree or technology certificate, and 3 years of mechanical design or detailing experience.
- Three years of AutoCAD experience and Revit MEP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to continue to grow and pursue continued education
- Ability to use a computer and computer software programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Plant3D, CADWorx and 3D modeling is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Harris Group provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
ManufacturingView all jobs at Harris Group