Harris Group thrives on providing expert engineering for some of today’s most complex challenges. We are creative in our approach by delivering multi-discipline services across a wide range of project types. Our successes are directly related to high-quality collaboration, across all offices, expertise, and backgrounds. Harris Group is a 100% Employee-Owned company with our eyes focused on the people in the company, the clients we serve, and the communities in which we live.
Harris Group is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Thousand Oaks office. Harris Group offers a flexible work arrangement with a hybrid work model and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including relocation assistance as needed. We also have a friendly, flexible, collaborative culture that values and supports professional development.
The Electrical Engineer would work for projects within the chemicals, air & seaports and aerospace sectors, primarily in design of power distribution, lighting, and grounding systems for power generation, manufacturing, and industrial facilities. They may also work on projects within other industrial sectors, including life sciences, energy and renewables, and commercial development. The Electrical Engineer develops detailed design documents for new assignments, participates on multiple projects, and guides less experienced electrical designers for the completion of the work. Assignments involve some unusual or difficult problems requiring specific job or industry knowledge.
The preferred candidate is either seeking licensure or is a licensed Professional Electrical Engineer with three or more years of experience in the design of power distribution, lighting, and grounding systems for power generation, manufacturing, and industrial facilities.
- Serve as a technical resource on complex designs and advanced engineering theories, concepts, principles, and processes
- Preparation of one-line diagrams, schematics, layouts, and installation detail drawings.
- Develop equipment and construction specification documents.
- Model and conduct power systems analysis (short circuit, load flow, protective relay coordination and arc flash analysis).
- Develop lighting layouts and lighting control system designs.
- Interface with key client and project staff in formal, informal and project team meetings.
- Participate in field investigations and provide construction support.
- Provide clients with assistance during installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment and related systems.
- Plan, organize, and supervise work of designers and administrative staff supporting those assignments
B.S. in Electrical Engineering with three or more years of electrical design experience in the design of power distribution, lighting, and grounding systems for production, manufacturing and industrial facilities preferred. Registration as a California Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) with ability to obtain a PE within one year.
- Ability to apply electrical engineering techniques commonly used in industrial capital projects.
- Ability to identify, interpret and apply relevant codes and standards to engineering designs, including the NEC, ANSI, IEEE, and California Energy Efficiency Title 24 codes and standards.
- Demonstrated capability with AutoCAD and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to travel to an off-site location and accept client site assignments when required
- Ability to pass Client badging and screening processes.
- Revit and 3D experience.
- Proficiency in Easy Power or SKM power system modeling, AGi32 or Visual lighting software a plus.
Harris Group provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Drug Free Workplace
Harris Group, Inc. is a 100% drug free workplace. For the safety of our employees, customers, and our customer’s facilities, we do a pre-employment drug test and may require random testing to meet specific client needs. Please note that Marijuana, even if prescribed by a physician OR allowed under a state law regulating Marijuana, remains illegal under federal law and is against Harris Group’s policy.
We look forward to receiving your resume!
Harris GroupLos Angeles, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.