Under the supervision of the Special Projects Manager and with medical oversight by the Disease Control Clinical Prevention (DCCP) Medical Director, this position will function as a healthcare provider in all DCCP clinics/mobile units, which includes but not limited to the Refugee, TB, and Family Planning/Healthy Texas Women programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance for policy development and mobile clinic standard operating procedures.
- Establishes best practices for mid-level providers in regard to patient care.
- Provides clinical expertise in regard to planning the expansion or reduction of services provided.
- Develops training for mid-level providers and helps to evaluate clinical progress.
- Develops preliminary budgets for mobile events in regard to clinical preparation.
- Provides clinical guidance in regard to expansion or modification of mobile locations or new clinic infrastructure.
- Provides direct patient care in accordance with the Texas Medical Board, Texas Board of Nurse Examiners, Nursing practice act, and Harris County Public Health (HCPH) procedures and protocols.
- Complies with US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and Texas Department of State Health Services guidelines for treating all HCPH clients.
- Completes and reviews health histories, performs physical examinations, reviews and orders appropriate laboratory tests and immunizations.
- Orders and monitors prescribed medication in accordance with Pharmacy D regulations.
- Makes referrals to other providers or agencies, as appropriate.
- Provides clinical direction for mobile health units.
- Seeks to assure that policies and procedures for all programs are followed.
- Uses APN or PA expertise to serve as a mentor and resource for clinical staff.
- Assists with training new midlevel providers and clinical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Graduated as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Family Nurse Practitioner) or Physician Assistant (PA) from an accredited school; and
- Licensed to practice in Texas as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS).
- Two (2) years of experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Experience handling complex patient loads
- Basic computer skills required, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience Navigating through Electronic Medical Records.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification (ACLS).
- Experience in Women's Health and placing intrauterine devices (IUDs).
- Experience with Family Planning, Title X, and Healthy Texas Women grants.
- Experience working in refugee, global, or community health.
- Experience working with Epic.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Arabic/Vietnamese or other language).
- 30 Hours per Week
- Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
- Houston (Main office)
Additional Information - Core Competencies
- Understands the organizational mission
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs
- Ability to adapt to change
Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
- Uses sound judgement
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Written and verbal English competency
- Able to read and follow directions
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.