Job ID CS20191030-112692
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com at https://l3harris.mergerannouncement.com/
The Micro-Electronics Assembler will work closely with, Manufacturing Engineering, Test and Inspection on existing and new products in a clean room environment. This position requires steady hands for handling ultra miniature materials which may only be visible through microscopes. The employee will be receive on the job training as needed but will need to be comfortable working independently. Individual will have daily assembly responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Assemble micro-electronic components using manual techniques with minimal supervision using provided work instructions. Utilizing processes such asPerform Continuous Process Improvement projects.
- Die/substrate attach
- Gold ball bonding
- Wedge bonding
- Use good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering to determine root cause of failures and identify potential rework or repair opportunities.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Support OT (nights, weekends, extended hours) as needed to meet schedule requirements and business needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Experience working in a clean room environment is a plus.
- Must have ability to work with intricate parts and have a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Previous experience in optoeletronic / microelectronic / hybrid / semiconductor assembly is needed.
- Duties include performing epoxy die attach, wire bonding, opto-mechanical assembly and soldering, optical testing. This position requires steady hands for handling ultra miniature materials which may only be visible through microscopes. The employee will be receive on the job training as needed but will need to be comfortable working independently
- Ability to work using a microscope and sit for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Thorough understanding of micro-electronics product assembly processes, techniques, and tools such as die/substrate attach, gold ball bonding, wedge bonding, gap & laser welding..
- Experience with new build and repair is a plus.
- Manual Die/Substrate Attach experience
- Manual and/or automatic Wirebonding experience
- Familiar with and able to interpret drawing/process specifications.
- Excellent ethical behavior.
- Proficient computer skills. Experience with SAP/Teamcenter is a plus.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.