Title: Field Technician
Job ID: AVS20190309-33138
Location: Spokane, WA
L3Harris is looking for a Network Engineering Field Technician to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs to a wide variety of telecommunications systems, equipment, cabling, and to other related systems and equipment “off-site” (at customer’s locations) in the assigned region. The Field Tech will also perform other related work as required.
- This is a support level position requiring a thorough knowledge of the installation, maintenance, and repair of telecommunications related systems and/or equipment, gained through formal education or from considerable and varied experience in working with the installation, service activation, maintenance, and repair of telecommunication systems and devices.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration, test and preventative maintenance of network equipment, telecommunications equipment and/or computers.
- Proficient in Microsoft or UNIX operating systems, and the components of the MS Office Suite. Maintains records on repairs, down time, changes and updates.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License, and a satisfactory driving record, as conditions of initial (and continued) employment.
Network Knowledge / Skills:
- Good working knowledge of cable connectors and replacement, such as RJ-11,RJ-45, DB-25, V.35, RS-449
- Have an excellent working knowledge of fiber, working knowledge of Multiplexes, Network topology, Frame Relay, Fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology, ATM, Private Line, Voice and Data applications
- Good working knowledge of power testing, AD and DC including 3 Phase AC. Familiar with configuration and operation of the 24VDC & 48 VDC power supplies.
- Experience with network and circuit testing with T1 Testing Specifications, DS3 Testing, Digital Testing (BERT), and Analog VG Testing within Bell Core Standards.
- Working knowledge and usage of various network test equipment: JDSU HST, Ameritech AM5XT, Sage 935, Digital Oscilloscope, Halcyon 704A, Para-scope or other T1/DS3 Test sets.
Computer Knowledge / Skills:
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and diagnostics,
- Serve as the point of contact for unresolved problems from the Help Desk or NOC.
- Install hardware and software including operating system and office applications,
- Responsible for providing computer hardware, software and network technical support to end-users,
- Assists with setup and configuration of system hardware and software.
- Microsoft Office suite.
- AA/AS degree plus 2-4 years of Telecommunications OR 6-8 years of Network Engineering experience
- Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, A+
- Ability to work from home, in an “on-call” status.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Must be willing to travel (up to 100% of the time) to remote sites within a 3 hour drive circle of base location. Technicians may be asked to travel outside of their assigned region, as needed.
- Capable of utilizing ladders, and step stools, to reach heights of approx. 10 feet
- Willingness and/or ability to work outside regularly scheduled hours to meet operational needs and to respond to after-hours emergency calls as required.