Software Engineer - Investment Ops Technology
Harris Associates is committed to bringing together individuals whose diverse backgrounds, opinions and perspectives maximize our expertise in finding value and delivering an excellent client experience.
This role is within the Operations Technology team. Our mission is to empower our investment professionals to achieve greater success by leveraging Technology & Data to enhance all facets of our decision-making.
We seek creative software engineers with strong analytical & collaborative skills to join our team of highly qualified technology professionals to work towards our shared vision of unlocking the alpha in technology. Intellectual curiosity with a keen interest in investing & asset management are essential for a rewarding career and long-term success at the firm.
- Work with the team to design, develop & support software, and vendor integrations on our systems.
- Collaborate with the team on software development lifecycle to develop, test & deploy applications
- Develop business expertise in supported areas, related technology, data domains and vendor platforms.
- Partner with stakeholders on efforts to modernize and transform our platforms to leverage cloud-native solutions to democratize technology & data across the enterprise.
- As part of support escalations, triage & solve production incidents and participate in support activities for critical issues during business hours and when necessary, weeknights or weekends.
- At least 5 years' work experience in the asset management industry with specific knowledge of Investment Accounting and Order Management
- Expertise with the .NET framework, C#, SQL Server, database, and application design & development
- Experience building applications and integrations using Azure platforms & services
- Experience with API design, messaging / event-driven architecture & modern test frameworks
- Strong collaborative, communication, and problem-solving skills
- 4-year degree in a STEM discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Eagle and Charles River Investment Systems
- Expertise in development and orchestration of Azure data pipelines
- Familiarity with trade life cycle, security data management, and other middle office processes
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Harris Associates L.P. pursues a policy of equal opportunity in all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, advancement, and treatment on the job. This means that Harris does not discriminate against employees, or qualified applicants, based on an individual's race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation, trans-gender status, transsexual status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, genetic information or for any other reason prohibited by law. Harris reserves the right to review publicly available information about applicants (i.e., via social networking sites), to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
We provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment at HR@harrisassoc.com or you can call us at 312-646-3600.
The information you send to us is used for employment purposes only. What you send is kept confidential—we will not give your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Harris AssociatesChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.